· Reviews and processes payments made through lock box deposits, courier deposits and credit card payments.
· Regularly reviews aging statements for past due amounts and follows up with the customers.
· Researches discrepancies and follows up with customers.
· Codes cash with correct general ledger account numbers.
· Processes debit and credit memos.
· Maintains proper backup of all payments and adjustments.
· Verifies and mails monthly statements.
· Regularly reviews aging statements to identify past due accounts.
· Researches short payments.
· Communicates with management regarding slow paying accounts.
· Handles incoming requests from customers.
· Supports applicable regulations including ISO, Local, State, and/or Federal requirements.
· Customer Maintenance (Set-up)
· Research customer disputes
· Aides Accounts Payable
· Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
· Associate’s degree in related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Two years of experience in Finance and Accounting.
· Manufacturing and/ or Distribution background experience preferred.
· Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of Oracle preferred.
· Able to accomplish assigned projects utilizing strong communication (written and verbal), project management, time management and collaboration skills.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to perform high quality work within assigned deadlines.
· Ability to think strategically and be able to focus on the accomplishment of current departmental priorities.
· Ability to provide service with integrity and confidentiality.
· Ability to streamline processes through necessary skill sets.
· Regular, timely attendance.
· Strong ability to work well in a variety of team environments.
Staffmark makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, medical condition, age, marital status, national origin, citizen status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status, denial of medical or family leave, pregnancy or pregnancy disability leave or any other protected group status as defined by federal, state or local law. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application or interviewing process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Staffmark is an E-verify employer.
For more than 40 years, Staffmark has been successfully finding people work and companies people. Our team of passionate performers is available to start helping you today. Contact the Staffmark location nearest you for more information on how we can partner with you to help you achieve your goals.
Best in Staffing