Tooling Engineer Supervisor
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a Tooling Engineer Supervisor to become an integral part of the team!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Must exercise knowledge to perform a variety of job duties relating to the execution of quality plans including managing tasks, activities, development and performance of an aerospace quality engineering and quality assurance/ control team, including, but not limited to:
- Direct supervision of salaried and hourly employees related to design and engineering of tools; responsible for Tool Design/Engineering as a whole.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining quality processes, and other advanced manufacturing methodologies and systems specifically for tooling.
- Work directly with manufacturing engineers and tool designers to produce models and drawings with appropriate tolerance
- Ensures design compliance with ASME Y14.5-2018, and provides training as required.
- Primary participant in additive vs subtractive manufacturing decisions in design process.
- Primary participant on make/buy decisions for tools.
- Helps coordinate PLM/PDM within team and related functions.
- Performs engineering calculations/simulations associated with die design
- Develops and maintains Tool Design Manual
- Performs research, design, and development of tooling assembly processes including production flow, assembly methods production equipment, and environmental impact
- Designs, develops, and tests and/or sources and cost-justify various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency
- Represents Tooling on cross-functional teams
- Coaches, Trains, and develops team to perform at a high level
- Follow all policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- BS Degree in an Engineering discipline required with a minimum of 5 years manufacturing experience, or a combination of education and 5-10 years of experience.
- Must have 5+ years of experience in Catia v5/v6 (primary) and SolidWorks (secondary).
- Must be capable of working effectively with minimal direction and supervision.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to manage datasets and perform quality engineering and inspection calculations, including yields, ratios, PPM defects, six sigma score. Working knowledge of statistical process control and variation management.
- Experience in MRP systems and a high level of proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Apply today for this great career opportunity and send us your resume!
We provide full-time and temporary specialized staffing services regardless of occupation, industry, or location.
ManufacturingView all jobs at StaffingForce
Get fresh Engineer Supervisor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.