Sales Account Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sales Account Manager
Reporting to the Regional Sales Director, the Sales Account Manager is responsible for managing and growing a retail sales and food services business for the Company in Western USA. This is a key position requiring the successful candidate to work closely with the North American sales and marketing operations teams toward meeting our shareholder expectations in terms of growth, returns, customer services and company values.
- 5 + years’ experience in regional retail and food services sales developing and implementing sales and strategy in a sizeable North American or Global Food Services Industry manufacturer and distributor, where international supply and distribution expertise is an asset.
- Prior experience in retail protein sales and would have conducted business with major retailers such as Safeway/Albertson’s, Trader Joes , Aldi, Kroger, Costco and other mid-sized retailers is a plus.
- Prior experience with major Food Service, such as Sysco, and other wholesalers is a plus.
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Thorough understanding of the retail and food services business including setting sales budgets , creating sales and marketing strategies, and executing forward sales plans.
- Ability to create promotional campaigns across all media and platforms.
- Understanding of the case ready retail ready meat processing systems.
- Fluency in English.
- Demonstrated skills in sales planning and execution. Displays strong commercial acumen. Analyses key drivers, opportunities, and competitive advantages to develop and execute on strategies to benefit the Company’s business.
- Has been able to develop and convert strategic business relationships into valuable business.
- High degree of expertise in contract negotiation, structuring, setting, and managing sales quota and revenue goals.
- Understands and has appropriate relationships and a track record of securing supply to ensure fulfillment of customer needs.
- Demonstrates professionalism throughout the organization and is a credible and trustworthy person who holds the respect and loyalty of all stakeholders; has tenacity in pursuing goals and ensures that personal goals align with and contribute to attainment of Company goals.
- Is open to and accepts taking on such responsibilities as assigned by the Regional Sales Director to support achievement of annual and strategic business goals.
- Able to effectively handle the high stress, time and travel demands that come with responsibility as Sales Account Manager for the Company’s operations in Western USA
- •Must have strong Excel skills and knowledge of Presentation and ERP software.
- Sales Strategy: Together with the Regional Sales Director and other members of the North American marketing team, researches and develops annual and longer term strategies and plans, identifying opportunities for better serving existing retail and food service customers and fulfilling new customer needs in the region.
- Sales, and Marketing: a.In conjunction with the Regional Sales Director and working closely with the North American marketing team researches and develops an annual sales plan in concert with developed sales strategies and where appropriate, long term marketing plans.
- Creates customer specific retail sales and food service business plans and budgets, ensuring that they are complete, align with the objectives of the organization, and adhere to statutory requirements and are completed on time.
- Contributes to the planning, development, issuance and delivery of company promotional and sales communications materials for the region ensuring that local requirements around language and messaging are respected.
- Procurement Plan: Working closely with the North American procurement team, reviews and confirms monthly and seasonal inventory replenishment orders in line with the annual sales plan and shifting customer demand, as well, keeps the procurement team aware of any planned and new feature/ad activity that will require additional product.
- Customer & Distribution Relationship Management: a.Maintains and strengthens mutually beneficial, profitable, effective and enduring customer relationships with superior communications, programs, and distribution strategies toward strategic and exclusive/primary supply contracts with our major retail and food service customers.
- In accordance with the strategic objectives of the organization, identifies prospective customers and distribution channels and actively develops relationships with the view to convert into profitable and sustainable business. Maintains continuous contact with designated clients at both the buying and senior management levels and regular contact with select industry counterparts and intercompany peers.
- Maintains a strong market intelligence network to keep abreast of competitive activities and customer developments to safeguard the company’s financial and volume interests.
- Logistics and Transportation: Communicates the channels of distribution in the region in conjunction with Transportation and Logistics personnel to ensure timely, reliable deliveries of customer orders. Monitors stocks on hand in regional storage centers maintaining proper inventory levels within corporate guidelines and ensuring proper product rotation.
- Supplier Relations: In addition to regular communications with the procurement and marketing team, communicates regularly with major suppliers to educate and keep an edge and advantage over the competition in terms of current market events and trends.
- Performance Effectiveness: a.Achieves all financial, customer, product, and business goals in the Western USA retail and food services market in every product line on a monthly and annual basis.
- Reviews and monitors accounts receivables for the region, ensuring prompt payments are received so as to reduce company exposure to bad debts and to improve cash flow. Ensures that the COO is kept informed of all pertinent development risks, opportunities, and information relating to the Western USA market.
- Prepares monthly territory reports and general comments on customer’s
We provide full-time and temporary specialized staffing services regardless of occupation, industry, or location.
StaffingForceWhy Work Here?
Awesome CEO, great benefits, and lots of room for growth!
Founded by veterans of the staffing industry, StaffingForce is a recognized leader in the staffing industry, serving customers ranging from the Fortune 500 to medium-sized businesses and entrepreneurial start-ups. We provide full-time and temporary specialized staffing services regardless of occupation, industry, or location.