- B.S. degree with concentration in Accounting.
- Strong accounting skills with a good working knowledge of GAAP and financial reporting requirements. CPA; CMA or advanced degree desirable.
- Beyond 15 years of Controllership experience in an Aerospace and Defense manufacturing environment is a good substitute for CPA; CMA or advanced degree.
The individual holding this position provides all transactional financial leadership to company's businesses and is the steward for maintain company's General Ledger per GAAP and Government Contracting requirements. This position is accountable to ensure that business systems, processes and an organization are in place to uncover and report both short-term and long-term financial risk, deliver relevant and timely business information to all areas of the organization, and drive a planning process that ensures improved growth and profitability year over year. Additionally, this role is accountable to help formulate the business strategy, and develop business goals and action plans to achieve those goals. Specifically:
- Manages all aspects of the Accounting functions including planning, organizing, directing, staffing, coordinating, reporting and budgeting for this activity.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate reporting of financial statements including certification of quarterly and year-end financial statements.
- Maintains internal control system compliant with Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Directs the planning and budgeting process including coordination with department managers, senior management, Business Development and Operations to result in timely and accurate quarterly forecasts, annual operating budgets and five year plans.
- Maintains General Ledger and cost accounting systems which support compliance with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and U.S government Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- This includes collecting and invoicing actual costs for flexibly priced contracts (e.g cost plus fixed fee and time and material); auditable accounting records and data which provide sound and meaningful data to enable preparation of the annual indirect cost submissions to the U.S. government agencies (DCAA and DCMA).
- Supports all departments and senior management with timely and accurate cost, performance and other relevant information necessary for sound near term and strategic decision making.
Searching for experienced professionals or temporaries? Seeking a full-time position or rewarding temporary project? Looking to maximize performance and lower costs through one full service specialized staffing provider?
StaffingForce has your solution.