We are looking to hire a full-time Nurse Practitioner with surgical oncology experience. First Assisting in the operating room for all types of cancer surgery procedures.
- Functions independently to perform age-appropriate history and physical for complex acute, critical, and chronically ill perioperative patients.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient's age-specific needs.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities
- Implements interventions to support the patient to regain or maintain physiologic stability, including but not limited to serving in the first assisting role.
- Assists with the provision of surgical care in accordance with facility, state, and federal regulations.
- Monitors the effectiveness of interventions.
- Facilitates the patient's transition within and between health care settings, e.g. admitting, transferring, and discharging patients.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals.
- Facilitates staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tools.
- Manage health problems and coordinating health care for the patient in accordance with the practice, State and Federal rules.
Current valid NJ State Professional Registered Nurse license.
Maintains certification as APN in New Jersey.
Maintains National or Board Certification as appropriate in area of specialty.
Maintains American Heart Association Basic Life Support HCP certification.