Extrusion Operator Helper
$19/hour temp to hire
6PM-6AM Monday-Thursday, Friday for OT
Training is on 1st shift for 6-8 weeks
JOB OBJECTIVE: Responsible for preforming all duties on a professional level and complying with the Production Superintendent. Working from general instructions from the plant management team, and all levels within the organization in support of the four Johns Manville core values: People, Passion, Performance, and Protection.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Extruder Operator Helper
1. Supports and promotes safe practices and environmental commitments in alignment with company commitments, policies, and compliance requirements.
2. Show initiative in supporting safety, plant wide. Participate on committees as required.
3. Trains and instructs new or lesser experienced employees as required.
4. Ensures that all Housekeeping & 5S areas of responsibility have been completed before end of shift and keeps equipment, work areas and other prescribed areas clean and orderly always.
5. Wears all required and proper PPE.
6. Operates a lift truck or other material handling equipment in servicing production as required (must be properly licensed).
7. Uses safe work practices and always reports hazardous conditions to supervisor.
8. Complete computer-based training and all other programs needed to stay in compliance with company policies.
9. Receives and follows verbal and written instructions from supervisor or leader.
10. Prepares production reports as directed or required.
11. Sets up extruder and related equipment for production run, including temperature profiles, required connection and proper operation of all system thermocouples. Confirm settings are correct for material being processed per established manufacturing specs.
12. Sets-up sheet trim line, 3 spindle winder, jacketing winder, and sheet stacker.
13. Maintains control over extruder operation through continuous monitoring and checking of equipment/product, to insure in-spec processing and PVC sheet production.
14. Grinds product sheet of skeleton for re-use.
15. Process Cut and Curl as required.
16. Samples/inspects PVC Sheet produced to ensure compliance to finished product specs.
17. Power up machines, cooling tower, pull & clean augers, conveying hose inspection, pull roll operation.
18. Edge trim knives check, edge trim knives changeover, 2 roll cut set-up, Sheet shear Set Up & Change over
19. Performs routine preventative tasks, and ability to disassemble process as necessary (i.e. die split cleaning, torqueing, removal).
20. Production and packaging of bulk & jacketing rolls.
21. Maintains responsibility for plant security. Secured building and equipment as required or directed.
22. Reports equipment malfunctions, operation delays, or products defects immediately to supervisor or leader.
This Job Description is a composite of the essential and marginal job duties, it is not an all encompassing description of job duties, as we must remain
competitive and meet our customer’s needs, thus we must maintain flexibility in our job functions.
JOB MEASUREMENTS: Effective interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work in team-based environment, flexibility, the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment in a safe manor, demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities during the course of the day.
EQUIPMENT: (i.e. Machines, Devices, Tools, Etc., used in job performance)
• Forklift and other material handling equipment
• Required personal protective equipment must be worn at all times.
BACKGROUND/EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: (i.e. high school diploma, degree, specialized knowledge, roles, skills and/or expertise)
• High School diploma or GED
• Flexible in work and assignments