High Bay Cherry Picker operator/Order picker needed ASAP!! 2nd Shift
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
POSITION/TITLE: High Bay/Cherry picker /Order Picker
Work hours: 1 pm-9:30pm M-F
POSITION SUMMARY: An equipment operator must strive to safely and efficiently locate product and manually pull and transport product to various departments and/or locations. The operator may also process the slow bay portion of customer orders throughout the production day and restock product into bins. These functions are completed by direction of a voice or radio frequency (RF) unit.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Maintain safe, neat and clean work area by adhering to company safety regulations.
· Responsible for checking out equipment and returning in same condition on a daily basis.
· Inspect assigned equipment daily at start of shift.
· Operate powered lift equipment to move product and materials as needed.
· Use Radio Frequency (RF) unit in combination with Internal Operating System to perform daily work.
· Load, unload, move, stack and stage product by following standard operating procedures.
· Restock, pick, and pack product for customer orders by following standard operating procedures.
· Read and comprehend labels and other worksheets by following standard operating procedures.
· Meet minimum production and accuracy standards and delivery deadlines.
· Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITION:
· Complete and maintain Company Lift Operator Certification in compliance with OSHA guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to follow directions and change priorities or job duties as business needs require; rotate to other production functions as needed.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Ability to learn Internal Operating System and operate Radio Frequency (RF) unit.
· Ability to work in fast-paced, high-volume environment while meeting deadlines.
· Able to work both independently and within a team.
· Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
· Comprehend verbal and written instructions.
· Mandatory overtime as required, which may include weekends.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Prior lift operator experience preferred.
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
· Ability to read, write and have sufficient ability to identify colors, sizes, quantity, label and SKU information.
· Basic math skills in counting and quantity required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to walk and stand. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 60 pounds, reaches with hands and arms, grasps and performs repetitive hand, wrist and arm motions and is required to climb, kneel/squat, bend and carry. The employee operates powered equipment requiring use of both hands to drive vehicles as well as full range of motion of the neck, head and back. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus Basic literacy is required for lift certification and necessary daily paperwork. The employee must be comfortable working at heights in excess of thirty feet off the ground.
Work environment is moderately noisy. The employee is occasionally required to work near conveyor systems. There is exposure to dust and changes in weather conditions. Employee must be able to work in a high-volume, high-demand environment while meeting strenuous customer deadlines. Employee must be able to change priorities or job duties as needed and interact with employees at all levels and be able to operate powered equipment safely in a high-traffic environment.
Staffing SpecifixWhy Work Here?
We were just named one of Americas fastest-growing Private Companies by INC. 5000 for 3 CONSECUTIVE YEARS!!!
Our clients always make us smile when they say “we only want to work with you, Staffing Specifix.” This means we have served them exceptionally well-On Time, Every Time. We take great pride in always being there when our clients need us.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Staffing Specifix