Our client, a beverage manufacturer located in Wabash Indiana, is looking for a Human Resources Assistant to join their team! This is a long-term, full-time position with excellent potential for direct hire after 90 days. Pay is $15-$16/hour, depending on experience.
The HR Assistant will assist with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources department functions and duties. The HR Assistant will carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: payroll, departmental development, employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, executive administration, and other responsibilities as identified by Management.
Essential Functions include:
- Answer employee questions about human resources policies and procedures as needed.
- Coordinate new hire orientation, including training and new hire paperwork
- Support employment area with scheduling interviews, handling reference checks and personnel changes
- Provide overall admin support to the HR department, including maintaining and processing documentation and records
- Responsible for daily evaluation of time cards
- Process payroll for all employees bi-weekly, as well as weekly processing of temporary employees time cards to appropriate staffing agencies
- Complete incoming employment verifications
- Track daily attendance of hourly associates
- Maintain employee files and the HR filing system
- Assist and participate in HR events, such as benefits, open enrollment, employee recognition, company cookouts and employee communications
- Assist with the day-to-day efficient operation of the HR department
- Associate's degree/Technical degree in office management with a minimum of 2 years HR experience. Bachelor's degree a plus!
- Experience with MS Excel and Word
- Knowledgeable with payroll processes and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent
- Excellent reasoning abilities
Interested candidates, please submit updated resume for immediate consideration
*Staffing Resources is an equal opportunity employer