The Reading Specialist Supports the mission of the school by overseeing literacy programming for students in the APS. This position will provide literacy instruction and enrichment to student in accordance with their individualized needs. Essential duties will include assessment of student literacy proficiency, direct student instruction, and consultation with coaching for teachers regarding best practices in literacy instruction.
• Master’s Degree in Education required.
• Certification as an Instructional I or II Teacher by the Pennsylvania Department of Education is required.
• Certification as a Reading Specialist by the Department of Education is required
• Certification in Special Education is preferred.
• Minimum of two (2) years or more teaching experience within Special Education.
Hours: M-F 8AM-4PM 37.5 HPW (School Year)
M-F 8:30-1:30PM 25 HPW (ESY)
Caseload: approximately 35-40 students who receive weekly reading intervention. The position also involves consultation with teachers.
Compensation is negotiable dependent upon experience