Staffing Partners Inc has an immediate opening for a Medical Billing Specialist to join our client's growing team! This is a contract-to-hire opportunity with a mental health organization that helps people every day struggling with mental health issues. The Medical Billing Specialist will be responsible for billing various insurance agencies for services, following up on unpaid claims, and collection duties as needed. We are looking for someone who has at least two years of Medical Billing experience, knowledge of different insurance plans and strong communication skills.If this sounds like you then please submit your resume today!
- Compile and submit claims to insurance companies and subsequently bill patients.
- Following up with staff members to identify issues regarding authorization requests and delegate duties when needed.
- Collaborating with staff from other departments to solve billing issues.
- Using data to produce and submit claims to insurance companies.
- Working directly with the insurance company, healthcare providers, and the patient to get claims processed and paid.
- Reviewing,resubmitting and appealing unpaid and denied claims.
- Verifying patients’ insurance coverage.
- Answering patients’ billing questions.
- Making outbound collections calls in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations.
- Establishing and securing payment plans, and collecting customer payments in accordance with payment due dates.
- Submitting monthly statement to customers, reviewing and monitoring assigned accounts and all applicable collection reports.
- Weekly and monthly reporting to direct supervisor
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned.
- A High School diploma or GED.
- 2+ years of experience with medical billing and insurance eligibility verifications.
- Strong attention to detail skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and responsibilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.