Are you looking for a Medical Billing position with a variety of job duties? Do you enjoy working for a company that makes a difference in people's lives? If so, then please submit your resume to be considered for the Medical Billing Clerk opportunity through Staffing Partners! We're partnering with a mental health company in the south metro who is looking for dedicated individuals to join the billing team. The Medical Billing Clerk is responsible for submitting and following up on claims with health insurance companies in order to receive payment for services. This person will also work with patients on any billing questions or issues and work with patients to receive payments for their bills. We are looking for someone with at least one year of Medical Billing Experience, a Certificate or Degree in Medical Billing/Coding, or experience working & billing Insurance agencies.
- Collaborating with staff from other departments to solve billing issues
- Using coded data to produce and submit claims to insurance companies
- Working directly with the insurance company, healthcare providers, and the patient to get a claim processed and paid
- Reviewing, resubmitting and appealing unpaid and denied claims
- Verifying patients’ insurance coverage
- Answering patients’ billing questions
- Making outbound collections calls in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations
- Establishing and securing payment plans, and collecting customer payments in accordance with payment due dates
- Posting payments to client accounts in multiple databases
- Preparing and maintaining various reports
- Reconciling Accounts Receivable to the General Ledger
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma (Medical Billing Certificate or Associate's Degree preferred).
- 1 + year of billing experience or insurance eligibility experience.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work independently.
- Adhering to all HIPAA guidelines and regulations.