Staffing Network's client, an industry leader in plastic packaging, is seeking an experienced Quality Engineer.
The Quality Engineer provides quality assurance solutions to the Northlake, IL plant through engineering analysis, testing, auditing, etc. The Quality Engineer is responsible for completing a set of goals and objectives that improve the quality of product and services. This position will be involved in process, test and product development issues in manufacturing departments in order to improve product reliability and customer satisfaction. Quality Manager fulfills the duties of this role in case of a vacancy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform engineering analysis and provide solutions to issues in assigned manufacturing departments, with an emphasis on Blown Film and Laminated products.
- Get involved in customer complaints (internal and external) and act as a solution provider.
- Act as a troubleshooter for field performance problems.
- Conduct product and system audits to evaluate and improve products and processes.
- Create quality specifications and test methodologies for new and existing products.
- Work with each department to improve the quality systems.
- Write, create, provide training and revise testing procedures used by manufacturing and support departments.
- Perform designed experiments (DOE) to evaluate and improve products and processes.
- Support major plant-wide initiatives such as Lean Manufacturing, SQF 2000, Gauge Calibration, etc.
- Evaluate and manage new product development initiatives through the Product Realization process.
- Lean/Six Sigma Fundamentals
- Process Technical Mastery
- Product/Service Development (Scale Up)
- Quality Engineer
- Statistical Process Control
- Communicating Effectively
- Displaying Technical Expertise
- Managing Time
- Resolving Conflict
- Solving Complex Problems
- Bachelors’ degree in a technical area of study (BS in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering is preferred) from a four year college or university.
Work Experience and/or Skills:
- A minimum of 5 years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Preferred experience would include Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certification, ASQ Quality Engineering certification, Lean manufacturing, etc.
- Demonstrated working knowledge with clear film, printing and converting processes.
- Experience interacting with customers preferred
- Strong working experience with film product that services the retail market.
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
- Experience with Blown Film extrusion and adhesive or thermal lamination is preferred.
Certifications & Licenses:
- Lean Six Sigma Certification preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to move and/or lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Frequently standing, walking and sitting
- Frequently required the use of hands to finger, feel, reach or handle machinery
- Frequently bend, stoop and reach
- Visual Acuity (VA)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Moderate working conditions
- Exposure to variable noise levels
- Often exposed to moving mechanical parts