Our client is looking for Maintenance Techs. in the auto industry, HVAC industry, mechanical repair industries. Of course, they look at job longevity, skill sets, and personality… but they are looking for candidates with the goal of obtaining a great long term job.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES for Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
- · Models corporate values in every activity of every day
- · Effectively work within a High-Performance Work Team
- · Adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), SQF, Company policies and procedures; supports internal audits and reviews results with the work teams
- · Role model accountability for personal development by requesting & acting on feedback from others
- · Leads with safety and quality by protecting self and teammates along with the integrity of the brands
- · Works to resolve any conflicts within the team and amongst team members
- · Participates in employee involvement committees and teams including safety, continuous improvement and lean manufacturing teams
- · Performs multiple functions on the team including meeting and huddle facilitation, Lean system audits and other audit functions
- · Participates in the Continuous learning environment always training and passing on knowledge.
- · Perform a variety of electrical functions at the facility such as installation, maintenance, and repair of equipment/systems supporting the distribution or utilization of electric energy.
- · Design, build, install or repair a variety of equipment to include transformers, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, power panels, motors, heating units, conduit/raceway conveyances, other transmission equipment, and mechanical, pneumatic, control, process, and automation systems.
- · Locate and diagnose troubleshoot all systems and equipment
- · Work from schematics, blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications
- · Perform studies and develop reports with Microsoft Office Software
- · Will work on building systems and building line equipment infrastructure to include but not limited to UPS systems, fire/alarm detection systems, HVAC, mechanical systems, emergency generators, security access control systems, lighting systems, boilers, waste water processes, air compressors systems, chiller systems, cooling tower systems, CO2 systems, NO2 systems, water filtration systems, soft water systems,
- · Install EMT and rigid conduit, install new and upgrade services, run power supply wiring for machinery and equipment
- · Pulling wire, fiber, and cable for phone and data
- · Plan jobs, make estimates, order materials, obtain permits for build outs and remodels as needed
- · Operate lift trucks, aerial lifts, hydraulic punches, benders, wire pullers, electric drills, measuring, test equipment, and hand and shop tools
- · Work safely near electrical wiring equipment such as tracing 120-volt control wiring, taking voltage/amperage meter readings inside 208, 240- and 480-volt panel boards
- · Assist all team members as needed
- · Provide assistance with special projects as needed
- · Work with contractors to repair, install, remove, and/or upgrade equipment, to include but not limited to UPS systems, fire/alarm detection systems, HVAC, mechanical systems, emergency generators, security access control systems, lighting systems, boilers, waste water processes, air compressors systems, chiller systems, cooling tower systems, CO2 systems, NO2 systems, water filtration systems, soft water systems,
- · Train others for safely handling all maintenance work and enable them to be aware and identify all hazards
- · Knowledge of the function and wiring of PLC’s
- · Knowledge of the functions of motor frequency drives
- · Responsibility to report food safety, quality and regulatory compliance to plant or division personnel with authority to initiate action.
QUALIFICATIONS for the Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
- · 5+ years of experience in industrial maintenance or combination of education and experience.
- · Understanding of industrial facility permitting
- · Adhere to Federal, State and local safety policies and procedures
- · Mechanical, electrical, controls and maintenance skills
- · Ability to read, understands, and follow complex instructions, prints, and schematics.
- · Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- · Ability to positively cooperate and communicate with coworkers, contractors, and management.
- · Ability to obtain operator certification on designated equipment.
- · Able to work on ladders and lifts (as applicable and recommended) up to heights of 60 feet.
- · Ability to wear OSHA-approved personal protective equipment (PPE).
- · Ability to bend, lift and stretch on a regular basis.
- · Ability to consistently interact with others in a cooperative, respectful, and professional way.
- · Positive attitude with ability to work a fast-paced environment and overcome challenges.
- · Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
- · Ability to work within a team to reach a common goal.
- · Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- · Ability to manage time, prioritizes, and organizes work effectively and efficiently.
- · Ability to work a flexible schedule and travel as needed.
- · Ability to work with power tools, hand tools, and machinery safely.
- · Ability to be punctual and proactively plan time off.
- · Ability to teach and train production technicians
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- · Ability to lift 75 pounds frequently with mechanical assistance.
- · Ability to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis and 100 pounds occasionally.
- · Ability to frequently kneel, squat, bend, and stoop.
- · Ability to repetitively lift, twist, stretch, and reach overhead.
- · Ability to stand during entire shift.
- · Ability to push/pull up to 1,500 pounds using supplied equipment (e.g., pallet jack).
- · Ability to work around creosote and chaff dust.
- · Ability to work in confined spaces for prolonged periods in compliance with OSHA regulations.
- · Ability to work with cleaning solutions and degreasers.
- · Ability to meet all requirements to wear respiratory protection.
- · Ability to walk up and down stairs.
- · Ability to work in a variety of temperature and humidity conditions.
Why Work Here?SN/QPA is a full-service recruiting and staffing firm headquartered in the Chicago Metropolitan area with multiple office locations across the United States. SN/QPA services clients nationwide. Established on the principle “Human Solutions You Can Trust,” SN/QPA has partnered with a wide range of clients from Fortune 500 companies to emerging startups. OUR MISSION is to help your business achieve sustainable competitive advantage through innovative people strategies.
Lots of room for growth!