Staffing Network is excited to announce new contract-to-hire Machine Operator positions in the Columbus, OH area!!! Our client is a premier manufacturer of wire mesh and steel products. They focus on top quality materials, extensive testing procedures and fully automated production enable them to consistently provide superior products and customer service. Able to operate different machines, milling, printing or grinding machines and mechanically inclined, then this is for you!
1st shift & 3rd shifts Available!
· Perform repetitive jobs on machines.
· Monitor machines constantly.
· May have to operate the machine control system varying various parameters.
· Vary inputs or tooling to produce different products from the same machine.
· Repair minor machines errors.
· Operate several machines simultaneously.
· Ability to enter number of items produced by the machine every hour or in a shift,
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
· Knowledge of different types of machines and tools used in them.
· Quality of inputs and their bearing on the machine as well as the final product.
· Good with math and computers.
· Precision in tasks such as cutting, setting and tuning, etc.
· Alertness in detecting any deviation in the functioning of the machine.
· Awareness about safety issues and alertness to avoid any mishap.
· Understand and follows safety procedures such as wearing all protective gear when necessary.
· Must be able to use a micrometer, and a tape measure.
· Heavy lifting (up to 60 pounds), bending, and stooping might be required.
· Punctuality a must.
Background and Drug screen required
Pay is based on position & experience!