R&D Assembly Technician for Medical company
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: R&D Assembly Technician
Company: Medical Murray
Address: 400 N Rand Rd. North Barrington, IL 60010
Pay Range: $22-$31/hr
Shift: “1st shift”, flexible start time. 8 hour working shift with a required 20-minute lunch break and up to 2 additional breaks at the discretion of the employee. Meal and rest breaks are unpaid.
Overtime: Available; paid at 1.5x hourly rate
Number of openings: 4
The R&D Assembly Technician position performs product development work on medical devices in the Development department in support of the Development department objectives to provide goods and services that meet customers’ requirements for quality, quantity, and timeliness. The primary role of the R&D Assembly Technician is to work directly with project engineers to build pilot production quantities of new products following written and demonstrated procedures and to conduct testing of products and components. A large variety of techniques, tools, instructions, and equipment will be used to create products and components. This position will work primarily in a laboratory environment, but also required to work in manufacturing environments.
- Responsible to follow Medical Murray Quality system, including all applicable SOP's included in the Training Matrix.
- Produce small, assembled parts according to procedures (both verbal and written).
- Work with little to no supervision and complete assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintain confidential information, in accordance with Company policy.
- Adherence to safety requirements.
- Run equipment such as adhesive dispenser, vertical shrinker, braider, tipping machines, drilling, punching, and measuring devices to assemble catheters and parts.
- Maintain written record of materials used, procedures followed, and inspection features on supplied data forms (LHR, etc.).
- Advise others of the need for repairs and upgrading of manufacturing equipment.
- Maintain good working relationships with other co-workers.
- Keep track of materials, tools, and procedures as the device is manufactured. Affirm in-coming materials meet purchase order specifications.
- Support engineer project leader with modifications in written procedures and suggested improvements in making product or sub-assemblies.
- Perform testing of devices or components in accordance with written protocols and test procedures.
- Technical skills must include experience with plastic part assembly, adhesive bonding, materials knowledge, and prototyping.
- Able to read/interpret engineering drawings and procedures.
- Able to understand measurement units, take and comprehend measurements
- Ability to work with small parts, dexterity with hands
- Independent worker who has the ability to make decisions and suggestions
- Experience working directly with engineers
- Experience reading/interpreting engineering drawings
- Experience building pilot production quantities of new products (medical devices preferred)
- Experience following written and demonstrated procedures
- Experience with plastic part assembly and adhesive bonding
- Experience working with small parts/using hand tools
- Experience using a microscope
- Experience with measurement and measuring tools
- Materials and prototyping knowledge
- Associate degree in a related science field or equivalent/transferable work experience
- 0-3 years of experience (medical device experience preferred).
- Able to read, write, speak and understand English.
If you are interested, please call or text Arely !626272515O!
SNQPA Richard Chow
Whether you are looking to get a new job, move up the corporate ladder, re-enter the workforce, get more experience, or just gain more control over your schedule, Staffing Network & Quality Placement Authority can help you locate the position that best matches your skills and interests.
400 N Rand RdBarrington, IL
Get fresh R&D Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.