90 day temp to hire
Shift: 6 pm to 6 am on a rotating schedule
Summary of Responsibilities:
Documents, trains, plans and executes test activities concerned with quality control. Tests and inspects products at various stages of the production process, including First Articles, compiles and evaluates data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products. Must be able to cover other shifts as business needs dictate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential job functions satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reviews production schedules in order to plan for QC Lab Test work and testing requirements needed to support Manufacturing and Engineering.
- Effectively communicates changes to procedures and/or intern reaction to customer complaints.
- Implements product quality standards and process controls, including In-Process, Final and Stage II inspection and test, sampling and training procedures.
- Assists in developing Test Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Review/audit production process for conformance to quality standards, set up sheets and product specifications and standards.
- Selects products for tests at specified stages in production process, and tests products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance, and other visual characteristics. Perform tests to insure products meet specifications. Confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Records test data, applying statistical quality control procedures.
- Evaluates data and writes reports to verify or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- Prepares graphs or charts of data or enters data into computer for analysis.
- Other duties will include equipment calibration, sample preparation, production data validation and retain sample storage.
- Work will be distributed between all Argotec facilities.
- Assist in writing procedures as necessary.
- Assist in development and implementation of QC Technician training programs; Provides Training
- Conduct testing and generation of reports through the Certificate of Analysis process to customers.
- Assists in special projects relative to Customer complaints/investigations and continuous improvement.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to stand, sit, use arms, hands and fingers to handle, feel, and reach.
- Frequently walk, stand, talk and hear
- Occasionally climb and balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Blown film operators require ability to regularly climb stairs.
- Regularly bend, twist, and lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work a 12 hour shift. May alternate standing, walking, and sitting as production run will allow, depending on rate, time between sets, production challenges, etc.
- Employees’ with a medical history or clinical diagnosis of epilepsy or any other condition which is likely to cause loss of consciousness or any loss of ability to control a PIT must be approved by the designated physician to be able to drive a PIT.
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); some secondary education is desirable, plus one – three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in Quality Control function in manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft EXCEL, WORD, and Outlook.©
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to assure delivery requirements.
- Clear communication (oral and written) skills. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to keep accurate records.
- Ability to follow documented procedures and standards.
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Reliability – is consistently at work on time as scheduled.
- Must be able to travel between facilities and to customers.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to read and interpret metal rule.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and occasionally stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
. We are looking for applicants with a solid work history and with a desire to stay with the company once their temporary assignment ends. We are seeking applicants that have career potential and are willing to develop their skills and grow with us. We want candidates who have the desire and commitment for long term employment with our company.
- We run 12 hour shifts with rotating days / nights off
- All positions require a valid driver’s license & High School Diploma and/or GED
- Applicants must pass a basic math test; (passing the measurements / ruler questions is crucial)
- Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment physical, lift assessment and drug/marijuana screen
- Applicants must be able to pass a background check, (when offer continued employment after their temp assignment
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $18.50 to $20.50 /hour