Our client in Tempe, AZ is looking for a Quality Inspector to join their team!
- Shift 3rd 9p-530a (Train on 1st shift 6a-230p)
- $14 -$16 hourly
- Temp - Perm
This position determines quality and reliability requirements and Performs internal processes and procedure audits to confirm compliance with the Quality Management
- Guides production, receiving inspection, test and determines the quality and conformance of products to the specification
- Performs first article inspection on production units
- Ability to read, comprehend and securely handle customers prints, work instructions and procedures.
- Perform visual inspections.
- Able to use a micrometer.
- Able to operate the XRF
- Able to perform solder test.
- Able to perform heat test.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual must also be able to work in a sometimes-stressful environment and continue to maintain a positive attitude towards peers and managers/supervisors. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required
- Determines disposition of non-conforming parts
- Makes decision relative to the acceptance of products and tests
- Trains individuals in the methods and procedures for the performance of quality related functions
- Performs inspections in all inspection areas as needed
- Performs First Article Inspection of the product.
- May witness, perform and/or review tests and test data
- Schedules and presents product and data to customer representatives
- Utilizes applicable sampling plans in the performance of inspection duties
Quality Inspector Qualifications.
- Able to multitask and exhibits problem-solving skills
- Documents results of all inspections performed
- Enforces quality policies and procedures throughout the organization
- Maintains communication both verbal and written with the department managers subordinates and peers
- Understands and performs all safety, security, housekeeping, dress and appearance regulations
- Assumes responsibility for normal care of tools and equipment
- Provides total quality assurance by demonstrating a constant focus on ensuring customers receive high-quality products; adheres to all applicable standard operating procedures; pays attention to detail, shows professional concern for quality of work; performs with accuracy, thoroughness, and orderliness in performing work assignments
- Successfully completes all required training and certifications
- Abides by company safety rules; maintains a safe workplace; keeps work area organized and clean
- Wears all personal protective equipment as required, disposes of all waste material in accordance with company policy
- Participates in scheduled training classes
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others views
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Communicates environmental concerns to supervisor or shift manager
- Balances team and individual responsibility
- Provides feedback to improve the effectiveness of the Environmental Management System, Quality Standards and Quality Procedures
- This position is authorized to perform Quality Assurance Audits independent of the area being audited
- Prevent further processing or release of any product that does not meet or conform to the quality requirements and/or specification
- If a piece of measuring or test equipment is found to be out of calibration or appears to provide inaccurate readings, remove the item form service, assess the validity of the measurements for which the equipment was previously used, and determine the impact of use for acceptance of products and notification of the customer if applicable.
- Good command of the English language
- Basic math and computer skills
- Reliable transportation