A professional staffing company has an urgent need for a Registered Nurse (RN) to work as the Director of Nursing (DON) in the medical department at a facility in Passaic, NJ. In this role, the DON manages and evaluates nursing care delivery in accordance with the facility's philosophy, goals, and objectives. The DON also ensures that nursing practice complies with established nursing standards.
- Supervises all assigned staff nurses and paraprofessional nursing personnel.
- Provides functional direction and guidance to nursing staff through on-the-job training and ensures appropriate and quality orientation for all newly hired staff.
- Provides guidance to the nursing staff in patient care problems; delegates responsibility within the scope of the employee's abilities.
- Coordinates and monitors orientation, in-services and continuing education within the Division of Nursing Services. Plans develop and conduct in-service training classes for professional and/or paraprofessional patient care personnel.
- Coordinates the development, provision, and evaluation of patient care according to the standards of quality care.
- Develops and maintains appropriate staffing schedules to ensure adequate nursing coverage for all shifts in accordance with contract terms of nursing coverage. Responsible for making changes in time schedules, and granting special requests for time off, if appropriate.
- Serves as representative for, and/or liaison between nursing services, other health care providers, contract services such as lab and physical therapy as well as Health Care Unit Administrator, and coordinates such patient care services with other departments.
- And other duties as provided.
Staffing Needs & Shifts:
7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Founded in 2003 by Hope and David Porter as D. H. Porter Enterprises, Staffing Etc. was initially known as Interim HealthCare of Washington, DC and Southern Maryland. We have staffed over one million total hours of service and provided quality care professionals to dozens of organizations throughout the nation. We have a quick turn around and our own credential and scheduling. Hope M. Porter, BSN, JD is the President and CEO of Staffing Etc. As a registered nurse and attorney, Hope brings a unique perspective to providing clinical expertise and administrative excellence to field operations.
David Porter, MA is the vice president of business development and has more than two decades of experience as a healthcare administrator with Health Plans in the Mid-Atlantic area. As a leading provider of personnel services in the Mid-Atlantic area & Colorado Springs, CO Staffing Etc. is managed by highly skilled professionals that bring more than 75 years of combined experience and education to the organization.
The leadership and the management team of Staffing Etc. is highly capable to manage the outcomes of today’s healthcare staffing and services projects. Our core values include the following: Persistence in the quest for excellence, Honesty in all that we do, Professionalism in the way we conduct business, Loyalty to our clients and staff, Reliability in carrying out our commitments and Pioneering in developing solutions to challenges.