Shipping Receiving Clerk
Staffing Connection Inc Bethlehem, PA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $15 Hourly
- Benefits: medical, vision, dental,
This is a TEMP to PERM position!
Headway Workforce Solutions in partnership with our client is searching for a shipping and receiving clerk. Pay for this position start at a minimum of $15.00/hour.
Purpose and Scope:
Responsible for packaging and processing finished product for shipment to customers. Responsibilities include processing required department paperwork and shipping documents.
1. Store finished goods in proper locations.
2. Assist in maintenance of finished goods inventory records through regular cycle counts.
3. Perform inventory system transactions as required to maintain accurate inventory records.
4. Pick orders when product becomes available for shipping.
5. Prepare products for shipping, including packaging for transportation, weighing and measuring packages
6. Process packaged items in shipping software to produce shipping labels and documents and create appropriate inventory transactions
7. Assist in loading and unloading outbound and inbound freight from trucks as required
8. Ensure shipping documents are complete, accurate and processed appropriately at time of shipment
9. Operate industrial forklift equipment as required.
10. Uses safe work practices and suggests improvements for department safety, organization and housekeeping.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
To meet expectations as outlined in both corporate responsibilities and job functions.
· Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 6 months to 1year computer and Microsoft application experience.
- 6 months to 1 year of shipping experience
- Ability to use a computer and Microsoft applications.
- Basic math skills
- Ability to use ERP and shipping software preferred
- Knowledge of cycle count process and able to assist in finding cycle count discrepancies
- Ability to pass forklift training.
- Detailed oriented and organized.
- Good communication skills and ability to work with all production groups..
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is required to walk and stand for long periods of time: use hands fingers, handle, or feel objects: reach with hands and arms; bend, and walk, talk, hear and see. Frequent lifting required. Lifting is typically 70 pounds or less.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
EMPLOYER RIGHTS: This job description does not list all the duties of the job. Incumbents may be asked by their supervisors or managers to perform other duties. Incumbents will be evaluated in part based upon their performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The Company has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the Company may terminate employment at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice (subject to applicable laws).
Staffing Connection Inc
Check out our website! www.sci-staffing.com
Transportation and Storage