Staffing Connection Inc Newark, NJ
- Posted: over a month ago
- $20 Hourly
Headway Workforce Solutions and Staffing Connection, in partnership with our client, are searching for a Medical Assistant for Emerson, NJ, Hackensack, NJ and Glen Ridge, NJ. As the Medical Assistant, you will be responsible for assisting physicians, physicians assistants, or nurse practitioners with clerical duties, patient flow, patient care, and procedures. The pay for this temporary position will be $20 per hour.
As a Medical Assistant, you will
- Prepare the examination room. Escort patient into the room. Clean examination room when an exam is complete.
- Ensure proper preparation for patient visits. Prepare pertinent information needed for patient visits.
- Maintain efficient patient flow.
- Answer the telephone in an appropriate manner. Direct calls and/or takes accurate messages.
- Schedule appointments accurately and appropriately according to departmental guidelines.
- Consistently and accurately stock examination rooms with all necessary supplies.
- Reconciles encounters daily and accurately, according to policy guidelines.
- Effectively communicate problems, concerns, or issues to the Supervisor and/or Manager appropriately and promptly.
- Obtain vital signs: BP, temp, pulse, height weight accurately and completely as required.
- Document appropriately in Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Review and update medication lists and accurately document knew allergies in the EHR
- Demonstrate an understanding of prescription control and prescription refill procedures.
- Accurately document allergies in EHR.
- Facilitate the transition of care to UCC/Hospital.
- Provide referrals and/or consult orders appropriately and in a timely manner in the PMS and EHR.
- Employ appropriate and timely use of tasking in EHR.
Education, Certification, Computer and Training Requirements:
- High School Graduate /GED recipient or diploma from a vocational or technical school. Bachelor’s/Associate Degree preferred.
- Medical Assistant Certification Required
- Please be advised that all SMG Medical Assistants are required to obtain and maintain MA Certification. If you are hired without certification, it is a requirement that you achieve certification through SMG’s program within 4 months from the end of the introductory period. Should you not achieve certification in the MA position, you may be subject to termination of employment. You will be contacted by Human Resources or Clinical. Services, and also advised of your options regarding eligibility to apply for other non-MA certified positions within the company.
- 0 – 1 years of experience.
- BLS certification.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to deal with difficult personalities.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and perform multiple tasks in a timely manner.
- Basic proficiency in computer use.
- Knowledge of medical office and terminology preferred.
- Experience with patient care equipment preferred.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Pushing and pulling, taking frequency into consideration.
- Physical strength to lift heavy objects, carts, or items, taking frequency into consideration.
- Physical mobility, which includes movement from place to place on the job, taking distance and speed into account.
- Physical agility, which includes the ability to maneuver your body while in place.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers.
- Balance is maintained during climbing, bending, and/or reaching + endurance (e.g. continuous typing, prolonged standing/bending, walking).
- Chemicals, Chemotherapy, and Fumes
- Loud noises
- Extreme temperatures
- Confined spaces
- Allergens: dust, mold, and/or pollen
- Magnetic fields
Our Client provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetics, or protected veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway Workforce Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, tuition assistance, education, social recreation programs, and benefits.
Staffing Connection Inc
Check out our website! www.sci-staffing.com