This is an entry level position working in a production environment. The primary role of this position is to work under the direction of a crew leader as a member of a crew performing various tasks as directed. As a Crew Member at Dailey Precast, LLC, employees are responsible for the pouring, floating, finishing and stripping of concrete. In order to fulfill the duties of this job the employee should have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., climb up and down from molds and move and tie rebar.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Follow all Company Safety Policies and Procedures as well as VOSHA regulations and guidelines. Support VPP activities, objectives and programs.
2. Responsible for arriving to work at time scheduled. Upon start of work be prepared with proper PPE.
3. Responsible for punching in at time clocks to the appropriate job and product that you will be working on.
4. Review previous day’s production on a daily basis to look for areas where quality can be improved.
5. Follow crew leader instruction to maintain a steady work flow throughout the day.
6. Check with crew leader before leaving work area for any reason.
7. Notify crew leader of any upcoming scheduled time off, appointments, etc.
8. Maintain proper care of mold, tools and equipment.
9. Maintain a clean and organized work area.
10. Help prepare/stage materials for next day to maintain efficient work flow. Inform crew leader of missing materials of information in order to avoid stoppage.
11. Check “out” with crew leader before leaving at end of each day.
1. Review daily pour sequence with Production Manager throughout the day for any adjustments that need to be made.
2. Check the forms that hold the concrete to ensure that they are properly constructed.
3. Check casting molds’ conditions each morning prior to start of assembly work. Report any issues or concerns to Production Manager.
4. Monitor forms as pouring process is going on to check for unwanted movement of forms.
5. Screed, level, and bull float concrete, using rake, shovel, hand or power trowel, hand or power screed, and float.
6. Trowel expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers, and straighthedge.
7. Monitor temperature of heated beds as not to overheat the concrete during the curing process.
8. Direct Concrete truck driver into position to facilitate pouring of concrete into forms.
9. Knowledge of proper application of finishing enhancers, curing compounds, sealers, and water proofing for concrete.
10. Ability to work alone and finish concrete flat work as needed.
1. Organizational Skills
2. Communication Skills (verbal).
3. Ability to meet established deadlines.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a manufacturing and construction setting.
Preferred Education, Experience and Certifications
1. High School Diploma
2. Experience working in the manufacturing/construction environment is required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Staffing Connection IncCheck out our website! www.sci-staffing.com