Apartment Maintenance Technician
Staffing Authority Phoenix, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
MAINTENANCE SERVICE TECHNICIAN
The Maintenance Service Technician shares with the Property Site Manager and/or Lead Maintenance Service Technician responsibility for the inspection, maintenance, repair, and orderly operation of the apartment community including buildings, grounds, and equipment.
The Maintenance Service Technician also shares responsibility for the physical appearance, safety conditions of the property and assuring overall resident satisfaction. This position is actively involved in the timely resolution of service requests.
1. Possess a good mechanical ability with some experience or on-the-job training in apartment maintenance or related skilled trades (carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, painting, HVAC, pool maintenance) in order to diagnoses equipment malfunctions and recommend appropriate action.
2. Will be required to make repairs as needed to plumbing, electrical units, concrete, masonry, air conditioning, roofing, fencing, doors, windows, and other property structures and equipment. May be responsible for painting the interior and exterior of buildings, railings, and curbs.
3. Ability to work effectively with persons of varied ethnic, social, and cultural backgrounds.
4. Maintains accountability, professionalism and subtlety.
5. Able to deal with the stressful situations of day to day management.
6. Medium to heavy work requiring repeated or prolonged standing, walking, climbing, stooping, kneeling, and crouching.
7.Lifting up to 100 pounds; frequent lifting and carrying of up to 50 pounds.
8. Ability to ascend and descend ladders and stairs.
9. Good hand-eye coordination with ability to perform repetitive/continuous tasks according to set procedures and sequence.
1. Willing and able to answer night and weekend "on-call" emergencies.
2. Strong customer-service skills and effective oral and written communication, especially with regards to understanding and following given direction and exchanging detailed information.
3. Understanding of paints, tints, mixing, surface preparation, and application tools required for painters.
4. Maintain workshop and storage areas in a clean, orderly condition, and maintain company tools, equipment, and vehicles in proper working condition.
5. Order by phone and picks up parts for repairs, maintenance, and replacement. Records the purchases according to property inventory procedures.
6. Ability to work inside and outside in all types of weather.
7. Ability to discriminate between shades of color and to identify from memory colors or color combinations.
8. Lead Technician must have the ability to interpret blueprints, schematics, and engineering drawings. Knowledge of basic mathematics and record-keeping procedures are a must.
9. May use electric or gas-powered "golf cart" type vehicles for touring larger properties.
10. Will use such power tools as circular saw, power drill, sander, bench grinder, and hedge trimmer.
Must have telephone service at home for participation in "on call" duty.
Real EstateView all jobs at Staffing Authority