United Staffing Solutions, a leader in the healthcare staffing industry, is currently seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant to work at one of New York City's leading hospitals. This is a full time assignment for someone with previous Administrative Assistant experience in a healthcare environment.
Benefits for the Administrative Assistant - Hospital
- Weekly Pay.
- Direct Deposit.
Requirements for the Administrative Assistant - Hospital
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1 year of relevant work experience.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Working knowledge of EMR (Cerner, Athena, EPIC).
Responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant - Hospital
- Answer phone calls in a timely and efficient manner. Utilize appropriate telephone etiquette.
- Using general scheduling guidelines appropriately. Schedule patient appointments by selecting appropriate visit type/length of visit.
- May be required to schedule meetings for physicians.
- Greet patient promptly upon arrival.
- Accurately collect and document time-of-service payments. Collect and verify demographics, emergency contact information and insurance information. Correctly register patients in system, including registration paperwork.
- Accurately enter information into EMR. Use EMR for prescriptions, phone notes, referrals, outreach and check-out.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills with the ability to assist patients with their concerns.