PUNCH PRESS OPERATOR
Metal Fabrication shop in Berea is seeking a hard working, career minded individuals to run single hit and automatic punch presses. You MUST have previous SET-UP experience, a good work ethic, stability, and reliable transportation to and from work. It is a nice facility with room for growth for the right individual. These positions are permanent, not temporary!.
PRESS SETUP AND OPERATOR JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Performs typical progressive die and press operations
- Setup and remove tooling
- Observe press in operation and make adjustments to control rate of production
- Monitoring equipment/tooling during production stamping to ensure it is working properly, i.e watching gauges, dials, etc
- Quality inspections during production runs
- The use of micrometers, calipers, etc to inspect/measure/visually inspect parts to ensure they conform to specifications
- Includes making minor repairs/maintenance such as oiling and cleaning up around the press when complete
- Communicating clearly and concisely with the supervisor, other production personnel and quality personnel when a problem arises.
- Accurately complete a job routing ticket, data chart, time sheet etc.
- Maintain and accurate count of parts
- Assist in setting up steel coil on larger presses
- Extended period of standing while operating press and running production
- Follow all prescribed safety regulations
- The Employee is exposed to high noise levels from operating machine
- Ability to lift 30+ pounds
- Potential hazards from moving equipment and machine parts, nuisance dust, and skin exposure to cutting and drawing oils
- The employee is required to stand, walk, pull and bend to the floor.
- 5+ years of setup and operator experience