Director, Human Resources
The Director, Human Resources is responsible for delivering exceptional HR services in alignment with the our client's objectives. Provide resources and build relationships always focused on the primary goal of achieving high student outcomes and offering a quality education to all of our client's students. The Director, Human Resources will manage and execute recruitment process, performance management, human resources administration, and HR best practices.
- Full cycle recruitment (external and internal applicant process) for all open positions which includes developing job descriptions, job postings, choosing appropriate job boards, prescreening candidates, attending career fairs, building recruiting relationships with colleges and universities, scheduling in person interviews with hiring managers, and presenting offers. Positions include certified, and non-certified positions.
- Implement strategies to attract, hire and retain a dynamic and diverse workforce
- Manage employee onboarding and off-boarding experiences, ensuring new employees seamlessly assimilate into the our client's organization and leave with a positive experience.
- Manages relationships with union representatives to ensure proactive resolution of issues. Ensures that labor contract provisions are applied accurately and consistently. Serves as a key organizational representative at Labor Management meetings.
- Process and maintain records of union grievances.
- Participates in collective bargaining on behalf of our client.
- Fosters open and transparent organizational communication, ensuring that key organizational and human resources information is widely shared in a format and method focused on the needs of the employees.
- Manage all workers' compensation, short term & long term disability claims as well as FMLA
- Ensures employee records are maintained appropriately; ensures compliance with local, state, and federal regulation, including EEO, FLSA, ADA, Workers Compensation, OSHA, FMLA as well as legal requirement as they relate administrative policy compliance
- Assists with the performance review process (i.e. notification to management, distribution of information/forms, and receipt of forms).
- Maintain employee records in compliance with state and federal requirements.
- Ensures required legal documentation is maintained on a regular basis.
- Should be able to prioritize and organize effectively.
- Ability to show judgment and take initiative to accomplish job duties in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master's degree in human resources, business, organizational development, industrial/organizational psychology or other related discipline preferred. SHRM-SCP or HRCI SPHR preferred.
- 7 – 10 years comprehensive and progressive HR experience, including a complete understanding of and hands-on exposure to the full mix of HR functions, Labor relations experience in a unionized setting is required.
- Computer Proficiency in all Microsoft Applications, Payroll Applications & HRIS Database with the ability to learn new software packages as necessary
- Ability to analyze complex, sometimes ambiguous information and acquire data from multiple sources when solving problems
But the root of our success lies in our commitment to relationships. No client or job seeker is ever treated like a number. We get to know each business and candidate we work with so that we can accurately match the right people to the right opportunities.
We tailor our process to meet the needs of our clients, but our proven methods for sourcing, screening and vetting candidates ensures we put great people to work at great companies, faster and more cost-effectively than other staffing firms in Connecticut.