Outstanding high tech manufacturing company seeks a Junior IT Specialist / Network Administrator to join their team!
The Junior IT Specialist / Network Administrator will configure, monitor, and administer all information technology software and hardware for the company and support end users in a security conscious environment. The administrator will be expected to learn new systems and excel in a complex network and software environment, occasionally interacting with engineering or manufacturing teams in support of their operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Run the installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end-user workstation hardware, software, security and peripheral devices
• Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts
• Develop ability to fully support, configure, maintain and upgrade corporate customer’s networks and in-house servers
• Install and integrate new server hardware and applications
• Support and administer third-party applications
• Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency), test for weaknesses, and ensure network security practices are followed
• Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords
• Troubleshoot server and server application issues, including documentation updates
• Specify desktop system requirements and design solutions
• Research and make recommendations on server system administration
• Assist in maintaining Computer Security requirements set to Government Standards such as NIST 800-171/CMMC
• Willingness to learn new systems and technologies
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and troubleshoot issues independently.
• Provide technical support and guidance for end-users
• Assist in day to day IT operations
• Other IT related duties as assigned
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Security, or computer related field
• 2 – 3 years of professional IT experience
• Strong Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet)
• Outstanding interpersonal and written/verbal (English) communication skills
• Applicable experience with networking, firewalls, VPN, troubleshooting, and problem-solving resolution is desirable.
• Relevant certification(s) (Juniper, Cisco, CWNA, Security+, MCSA:O365, or BCNE) are desirable
• Well developed, detail-oriented organizational skills
Must be able to pass a background check and drug test
Must be a US Citizen