Technical Project Manager - SSO - Banking
Location – Boston, MA (This is geographically distributed team, so travel will be required.)
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience - Finance, MIS, Business Management, CIS or an equivalent discipline
Contractor Availability Status: 1099, C2C or W2 (Benefits negotiable as a W2 employee)
Work Experience: 5‐9 years managing technical projects
Duration - 6+ Months Initially (Great possibility for extension)
The Technical PM works within Commercial Technology Group and should have solid commercial banking experience, a high level of cross-functional coordination skill, and some experience with global commercial initiatives..
These resources will be working on a project to upgrade for 3rd party hosted web application.
Other mandatory components in this project are:
- Building RDBMS system from Application Extracts files. Most likely on SQL Server.
- Mapping Application Extract Data into standard interface, to be consumed by other systems within the bank.
- Single-Sign On implementation.
- Develops detailed project plans and schedules projects, including goals, risks and resource allocation.
- Maintains regular contact with clients and coordinates and reports on project progress and accomplishments.
- Manages client expectations and ensures project delivery in conformance with company software development life cycle methodologies.
- Manages communication with the business at a detailed functional level and discusses -resolves issues.
- Manages vendor and client relations to ensure that service expectations are developed and met.
- May coordinate resources across organizational boundaries.
- Monitors project results for significant deviations.
- Serves as a liaison between clients and internal technical groups to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget, and to specification.
- Works with all required Information Technology functions and groups to effectively plan and execute the project.
- Ability to effectively present technical and non‐technical information to customers and senior management.
- Ability to facilitate work groups with a high degree of professionalism, work ethic and integrity.
- Ability to incorporate technical and business knowledge in the analysis of customer solutions.
- Ability to understand, analyze, and communicate technical designs, project issues, and project status.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage project commitments to achieve quality solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to estimate, plan, and monitor labor hours.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead project resources.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively with diverse teams.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience supporting customer facing, high‐volume, mission critical applications strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of SDLC
- Proven ability to adhere to software project management best practices.