Client is in search of a highly experienced resource that meets all the requirements that have been outlined in this job description. A deep, technical screening will be performed for the selected candidates!
You MUST HAVE experience working at a construction company...
Permanent residents only need apply... No Visa candidates please!
Project Billing Specialist - Construction Equipment
Location - Scarborough, Ontario Canada
Local candidates please...!
Salary: Solid Base Pay
Employment Type:Full Time / Direct Hire
Degree Required:None -
Why is This a Great Opportunity?
- Our client is a private multinational corporation, operating worldwide. It is the world leader in the design, manufacturing and distribution of specific equipment used in the construction industry.
- They are seeking to hire a AR Accountant specialized in projects that are billed according to the % of completion method.
The Project AR Accountant is responsible for the administration, recording and collection of accounts receivable for the Projects Division. Overall responsibility is to properly record and maintain accounts receivable for the division in coordination with the Vice President Operations and the Projects Managers. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for collection of said accounts ensuring all accounts are kept current. The position is part of the Account Receivable team which reports directly to the Vice President Administration and Finance.
Main duties & responsibilities include:
- Setting up new customer profile.
- Set up projects and billing schedule in coordination with Project Managers and Contract Department.
- Maintain contract value and billing schedule up to date with change orders.
- Review progress billing proposal with Project Managers and submit to Customers.
- Follow up with customer and obtain approved progress billing.
- Process approved progress billing per customer billing requirements and paperwork in coordination with Project Managers, accounting, contract and payroll departments.
- Collect outstanding AR.
- Collect retention.
- Process bank deposit.
- Maintain aging in good standing.
- Report overdue accounts to Project Managers.
- Ensure all billings are accurately posted and up to date.
- Provide with accurate but ambitious collection forecast on a monthly basis.
- Update upper management, on a regular and timely basis, the status of delinquent accounts.
- Any other specific projects as is requested from time to time by Management.
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Knowledge of percentage of completion construction billing
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information
- Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial files/information
The incumbent would normally attain the required knowledge and skills through completion of basic construction and percentage of completion accounting coursework combined with related financial and administrative experience. Equivalencies will be considered.
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Team building skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet and word processing programs, and email at a proficient level.
- Time management skills.
The incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties. The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful
- Be flexible
- Demonstrate sound work ethics