1.) This position is not eligible for any work visa sponsorship. Applicants must possess unrestricted US work authorization.
2.) Please be sure that all your experience is documented on your resume that clearly demonstrates your qualifications to this position.
~ Position Overview ~
Manager Business Development Analysis – Software
Location – Boston, Massachusetts Area
Relocation 'Possible' for Great Candidate...
W2 Direct-Hire Position
Great Base Pay & Benefits
- BA/BS degree as a minimum with a strong academic record is required.
- Comfort working in ambiguity with an orientation towards fast execution and iteration
- Eight (8) plus years of relevant experience in sales operations with a technology company; preferably software at a Manager; Senior Manager or Director level of responsibility
- Expertise with spreadsheets, Salesforce, and presentation software
- Must possess a ‘can do’ attitude and have an internal strong sense of urgency
- Project management expertise and ability to stay on task
This company is a fast-growing productivity software product company who is expanding its footprint in the Boston area. In addition to leveraging an acquisition in the area, this company wishes to expand other business operations in the Boston market. This company puts a great deal of energy into creating an inclusive and collaborative team atmosphere that encourages constant learning and growth while empowering employees to use their unique strengths and perspectives to make the biggest impact possible. This is very important because the Company has been growing at double-digit rates for many years with the current goal to exceed $100M in sales within the next three years.
The Manager Business Development Analysis is a newly created role and provides financial and business analysis to help better direct marketing resources and drive sales force enablement, productivity and efficiency. This includes planning, reporting, quota analysis and sales process optimization.
This role is responsible for partnering with the Chief Financial Officer, the VP of Sales, VP of Customer Success and the VP of Marketing to help drive the success of both the marketing and sales organization. Scope of the role includes:
Strategic Leadership Skills
- Gain extensive knowledge of the company sales operations needs and ensure appropriate resources, systems and processes are in place to proactively support high double-digit annual growth (including new geographies, products and acquisitions).
- Identify, develop and drive longer-term strategies and initiatives that will deliver ongoing rapid growth and superior execution.
- Lead Sales Operations team, currently includes one Salesforce administrator
- Partner with Product Management to create and evolve pricing for On-Premises and SaaS products.
- Work closely with Finance and Sales leadership to develop and maintain an organization structure that provides proactive coverage for multi-year revenue target coverage.
- Analyze metrics, produce reports, and dashboards to support long-term pipeline management.
- Drive operational logistics including optimizing resource allocation across teams, measuring progress against sales goals, and assisting in key leadership meetings.
- Partner with marketing and product management to conduct strategic market insights, including competitive landscape analysis to help formulate go to market plans.
- Provide meaningful / timely reporting and analyses to support data-driven business decisions across all key stakeholders.
- Create routine and ad-hoc board and investor presentations for the CEO and CFO.
- Ensure that all sales team members are clearly and consistently aware of their monthly, quarterly and annual goals and current performance.
- Ensure that stakeholders consistently receive timely information necessary to perform and continuously improve sales and sales support functions.
- Proactively identify cross-functional issues and resolve or seek assistance utilizing a collaborative approach to overcome challenges before escalation.
- Automate the tracking and decision-making capabilities relating to Pipeline development and account and territory management.
- Develop, create and maintain all associated sales compensation documentation.
- Development and ongoing ownership of annual Sales operating plan.
- Implement, document and enforce processes, infrastructure and tools that enable commercial success, smooth collaboration with adjacent departments and clear visibility into performance.
- Lead special projects that provide a strategic business view and help prioritize investments.
- Maintain and update accurate pricing tools and discounting methodology.
- Oversee contract support for new enterprise deals.
- Support resellers to drive pipeline and closed business.
- Work with product management and product marketing to develop product promotions and specials to drive monthly and quarterly sales.