Position Title: Mortgage Closer
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Supervised By: Mortgage Closing Supervisor
All positions are to embody our client’s image of professional and friendly service and follow all the standards of professional behavior.
To close mortgage loan files in accordance with bank guidelines.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Review Encompass screens to prepare for closing.
· Review and update final numbers from invoices and title work.
· Work with title company to obtain accurate title fees and taxes and to give them our numbers.
· Review and print an initial CD (closing disclosure) to give to the borrower(s).
· Make any necessary changes or updates per Loan Officer/Processor.
· Run final Mavent Compliance report.
· Work with the compliance department to verify all loans are within guidelines.
· Send email with final CD and documents to title company and funders.
· Work with post closers if any investor needs changes.
· Must be able to communicate effectively, get along with co-workers and deal with colleagues effectively and professionally.
· Practices branch security procedures and protects customer confidentiality and privacy.
· May perform additional duties as necessary.
High School diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
Skills, Knowledge, and Special Requirements:
· Professional appearance and attitude are a must.
· Must have knowledge of credit analysis, credit policy/procedures, real estate (business/personal) lending, problem loan administration, financial budgeting and planning, banking rules and regulations and bank products offered.
· Computer knowledge and the ability to learn various software programs is a must.
· Attention to detail while preparing and proofing loan documents, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines is required.
· Must be able to multi-task, be organized and work under stress and pressure.
· Must be dependable, trustworthy and maintain confidentiality.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· This person is required to represent and promote a positive image of the Bank in the community through involvement and/or participation in the community, civic, and charitable organizations and agencies.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and support staff.
· Ability to communicate and interact effectively and professionally with internal and external contacts including processors, underwriters, management, staff, realtors’, and vendors.
Depending on the job duty being performed, equipment usage will vary.
· Personal computer, telephone, calculator, fax machine, copier, and typewriter.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle objects; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; kneel; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift/and or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close and distant vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This employee has frequent contact with customers, either in the office or out in the community while processing/servicing the real estate loan and moderate contact with bank staff. This position requires moderate supervision.
Taking advantage of further education offered to gain skill, techniques, and an understanding of the interrelationship of the various functions within the company is required.
Why Work Here?StaffLINK Consulting is an elite national staffing firm that prides itself in helping our energetic professional clients find quality talent. We are a proficient group dedicated to being one of the top recruiting companies in the country. We strive to provide expert services to our clients and candidates. StaffLINK offers direct and contract hires and is industry agnostic.
Long Term Opportunity, Team-Oriented Environment, Best Places to Work, Nationwide Company