The Loan Partner I will work with both existing and prospective clients to identify the best mortgage solution to meet their individual goals. This individual will report directly to the Loan Officer and will be expected to assume a leadership role on the team.
The Loan Partner’s primary role will be to generate an approvable loan that delivers the promised rate and fee structure and eliminates surprises at closing. This person will represent the Loan Officer team with the utmost integrity and professionalism. The ideal applicant will embrace the Loan Officer team’s client-first philosophy and business practices to deliver an exceptional service experience for our clients and business partners.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Mortgage professional with a minimum of two years’ experience in loan origination or related duties.
- Extensive experience with loan set-up, structuring, loan pricing and preparation of cost estimates.
- Thorough understanding of current loan products and guidelines.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
Loan Partner job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Communicate professionally with clients over the phone, in person, and over email.
- Determine the monthly payment and closing requirement goals of the applicant.
- Complete loan applications over the phone or in person, as necessary.
- Educate clients on the mortgage process and applicable loan products.
- Negotiate rates and fees with clients if needed.
- Write purchase pre-approval letters for clients submitting contracts.
- Collect required credit, income and asset documentation.
- Prequalify borrowers by reviewing income and asset documentation (credit report, tax returns, etc.) and running the Automated Underwriting System.
- Send initial electronic disclosures and pre-approval loan packets.
- Lead daily team meetings to share loan file status updates.
- Work independently to find solutions to underwriting, program, and process questions.
- Update checklists.
- Communicate with clients, realtors, title companies, and colleagues to update progress and solve problems.
- Attend client appreciation events and support various prospecting activities.
- Utilize and maintain the team CRM system.
- Compensation will be a combination of base salary plus bonus’. These amounts will be determined based on level of industry experience and other qualifications.