Call Center Representative
Staff On Site
Staff On Site currently recruiting candidates for Call Center Customer Service Representatives in Beloit, WI.
Responsible for scheduling, interviewing, and, when applicable, pre-registering all patients utilizing services. This includes entering the appropriate diagnostic information, demographics, and insurance information into the hospital information system to facilitate patient care and hospital billing procedures. In doing so, the individual helps ensure that patients flow through the scheduling and registration systems as quickly and efficiently as possible, while also ensuring all fiscal procedures are followed in a consistent manner.
The Call Center Customer Service Representative functions as a liaison for patients with questions regarding their insurance coverage, preparations, or general questions.
- Oversees scheduling functions for all areas.
- Fields incoming scheduling calls, keeping an accurate record of appointments scheduled, changed, or cancelled to avoid over- or under-booking
- · Schedules services via the information system following established protocols that promote provider satisfaction and scheduling efficiencies; coordinates STAT scheduling directly with technologists and physicians of the affected sections
- Verifies that all data areas on pre-registration fields are complete and accurate
- Collects all proper insurance information using various computer software programs to promote prompt, accurate payment by carriers
- Enters and retrieves computer data in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintains the flow of communication on the unit, including answering the telephone and providing information and directions for patients and other guests
- Solves practical problems, dealing with a variety of issues, and interprets a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form
- Promotes positive interactions with co-workers, customers, and guests
- Provides patients with information regarding policy and procedures, and directs patients to appropriate units
- Demonstrates regular and reliable attendance to perform all essential duties within the scope of position.
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required
- Medical terminology certification required within 1 year of placement or upon taking position.
- At least 2 years’ experience in professional and/or medical setting required
- Prior scheduling, patient accounts, nit clerk or medical assistant experience strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong computer skills (including MS Word and Excel) as demonstrated through competency assessment.
- Strong problem-solving techniques and interpersonal skills—including ability to communicate effectively both orally and with written word
- Must type accurately at 40 words per minute
- Familiarity with hospital registration and billing systems
- Ability to work under time pressure while interacting in a helpful, courteous manner with a high degree of patient contact over phone, messaging and email.
- Ability to ensure confidentiality of sensitive information and maintain HIPAA compliance
- Dependable in attendance, production and quality of work
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Self-motivated team player.
We are now offering a $1,500 signing bonus. Refer someone to come work for us, If they work 5 days you get $50, If they work 30 days you get another $100, and they get $100. We also offer paid holidays and vacations. Ask us for details.
Staff On SiteBeloit, WI
13 days agoView All Staff On Site Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.