Would you like to be part of an amazing culture that helps Arizonans reach their full potential through temporary assistance? The Arizona Department of Economic Security is looking for individuals that are committed to service, community, and teamwork.
The Department of Economic Security (DES), Office of Inspector General (OIG) is seeking an entry level highly motivated Staff Auditor (Auditor III) to join our team. The Staff Auditor (Auditor III) is responsible for completing financial and compliance audits of DES programs to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations as well as applicable policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of internal control frameworks, including works published by the Government Accountability Office (GAO), Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), and Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO).
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- Knowledge of auditing standards, including the GAO’s Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (Yellow Book), and the IIA’s International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Red Book).
- Ability to interpret and apply Federal, State, and local laws, rules, and regulations, as well as department policies and procedures.
- Perform detailed examinations of audit documentation.
- Ability to work, interact, and work well with others.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Under general supervision of the Audit Supervisor, conducts financial and compliance audits of Department of Economic Security (DES) programs and departments published in the annual internal audit plan.
- Examines financial records and documentation to prepare testing work papers.
- Efficiency in using Microsoft Office and Google products.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- 0-1 year of internal audit or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in Accounting, Finance, or another closely related field is required.Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), or other applicable professional certification is preferred but not required.
**Position will be remote until cleared to go into the office.
**Interviews will be conducted via Video Chat or phone.