We are looking for a Mortgage Loan Processors for a mortgage company in Las Vegas. Great opportunity to get your foot in the door with stable company that offers opportunity for growth. This position has the option of being in the office OR remote - but employees must be local to the Las Vegas area. It's required that candidates have experience using Encompass and the position will pay $48-55k with an additional $100-125/file (should have a pipeline of 20-25 loans).
The Mortgage Processor position prepares loan files for residential mortgage applications. Communicates with branch and corporate employees in a timely, efficient, and courteous manner.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works with Loan Officer to determine product suitability; communicates changes to loan officer
- Complies financial and other needed data to complete loan file
- Orders supporting documentation, such as appraisals, verification of employment, verification of deposits, etc.
- Evaluates loan applications for reasonableness and, if needed, escalates files for further evaluation
- Communicates with Loan Officer and borrower to obtain missing documentation
- Reviews files for completeness prior to submission to Underwriting
- Obtains documentation needed to clear conditions, if required
- Submits approved files to Closing
- Prioritizes workflow so loans close on time
- Communicates with title company, appraiser, and other vendors as required
- Provides excellent customer service to borrower, loan officer, vendors, and other interested parties
- Prepares and sends approval and denial letters. Directs client to Loan Officer or other Licensed employee to clarify and or answer any questions
- Records data on the status of loans, including number of new applications and loans approved, cancelled or denied
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Current knowledge and understanding of conventional and government (FHA/VA) loan requirements
- Minimum of 3 years mortgage experience, preferably as a Loan Processor
- Solid knowledge and understanding of state and federal real estate lending regulations
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Encompass loan processing software
- Solid knowledge and understanding of desktop underwriting programs preferred
- Experience working in a paperless environment
- Experience working with Encompass