~~East End Medical Clinic is seeking a Medical Office Manager/Practice Administrator for a high volume single specialty practice in the East End downtown area. This successful manager will be part of a team dedicated to safe, evidence based, patient centered care.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
1. Report to the medical directors on a weekly/monthly basis serving as an effective liaison between staff and operations.
2. Manages day to day operations while creating a positive atmosphere to provide the best experience possible for both employees and patients.
3. Revenue cycle management with an understanding of coding, billing, collections, and insurance processes.
4. Coordinating employee schedules, monitoring office supplies, and inventory control.
5. Establishes/implements policies, procedures and ensures compliance with regulations.
6. Understand and implement meaningful use, PRQS, and ICD 10 adoption.
7. Must be very experienced with an EMR, preferably Athenahealth.
*Candidate should have 2-5 years of managerial experience, highly experienced billing coordinators will be considered.
*Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
*High level of efficiency and organization.
*Strong computer proficiency with an Electronic Health Record, Word, Excel etc.
*Outgoing personality, ability to identify office needs, willingness to fill in and provide assistance when necessary, and lead by example.
This is an hourly salaried with position with depends on experience. Position will start off with a 60 day contract probationary period.
Hire, terminate, and train staff in a medical office.
Supervise secretaries, receptionists, and medical billers and coders.
Oversee billing, coding, and collections.
Maintain medical records.
Reconcile account information.
Pay medical office bills.
Order medical and office supplies.
Assess employee performance.
Perform data entry and processing.
Develop and implement office policies and procedures.
Formulate objectives and processes.
Prepare work schedules for Doctors and Staff
Answer billing questions
IT experience preferred.
Experience managing employees
Knowledge of medical terminology (CPT, ICD-9, ICD-10)
Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
Knowledge of healthcare regulations such as HIPAA, OSHA, Meaningful use, etc.
Bachelor's in Business preferred.