Stadler Rail Group is a system supplier for customer-specific rail vehicles with manufacturing and service locations in Switzerland and around the world. We are a leading manufacturer of regional and suburban trains, trams, and rack-and-pinion rail vehicles and systems.
Stadler has multiple contracts to deliver passenger rail vehicles to customers in the United States and Canada. To help fulfill this demand, we are looking to fill the following position in our NEW Salt Lake City facility.
What we offer
We offer an interesting and challenging position in an international, success-oriented company with domestic and international career opportunities. Competitive salary, vacation time, and a 401K program.
As a Quality Inspector, you will be responsible for the inspection of trains to ensure quality and compliance with engineered drawings, specifications, and documentation within the industry’s standards. This position entails strong attention to detail with inspections, reports, and supplier communication.
- Physically inspect components and systems for in-process and/or completed railcars to determine construction complies with approved drawings and Contract specifications
- Improve train inspection and testing criteria or procedures, document inspection results, methods, and criteria and report all non-compliances with the specification or approved drawings
- Perform, and report on, Hold Points and Pre-Shipment inspections
- Monitor performance of quality control systems and identify problems or areas for improvement and recommend solutions
- Maintain and review all quality control inspection documentation
- Investigate and assist in the solution of quality problems
- Identify, report and recommend solutions for any quality control issues
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and/or 1-2 years of experience with high standard of quality
- Previous Electrical Inspection and/or assembly experience a must
- Technical skills required, including reading blueprints and drawings
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication
- Proficient in operating computer software, windows and data base software
- Highly reliable, great learning skills, management skills and ability to lead cross functional teams
- Goal-oriented and structured approach in a dynamic environment
- Fluent in English with German a plus
Stadler US is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Stadler US is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local laws.