Stadler Rail Group is a system supplier for customer-specific rail vehicles with manufacturing and service locations in Switzerland and around the world. We are a leading manufacturer of regional and suburban trains, trams, and rack-and-pinion rail vehicles and systems.
Stadler has multiple contracts to deliver passenger rail vehicles to customers in the United States and Canada. To help fulfill this demand, we are looking to fill the following position in our NEW Salt Lake City facility.
What we offer
We provide an interesting and challenging position in an international, success-oriented company with national and international career opportunities. Extensive training, competitive salary, vacation time, 401K program are some of the great benefits Stadler offers.
As a Electrical Engineer, you will be a viable member of a team focused on creating highly efficient design plans for building state-of-the-art passenger trains.
· Create concepts, specifications and technical documentations
· Follow scheduling, budgetary goals and guidelines
· Support Procurement, Production, Commissioning and Type Testing departments
· Interpret and incorporate local and federal as well as customer requirements into system design
· Take ownership of the design, documentation and function of sub-systems
· Responsible for performing FAI’s for the designed systems, if necessary
· Integration of electrical systems into our vehicles
· Responsible for various subsystems in electrical engineering
· Technical coordination with other disciplines (software development, installation planning, mechanical engineering, fire protection, etc.)
· Creation of concepts and specifications
· Design of electrical components
· Creation of the electrical function overviews in E-CAD as a basis for the schematic drawing
· Bachelor’s degree or Master Degree in Electrical Engineering
· 3 - 5 years of relevant experience in railway, defense, aerospace or equal
· Structured to manage integration of multiple projects, conduct testing and prepare all deliverables associated within the system
· Excellent communication and writing skills
· Excellent problem-solving abilities with strong teamwork skills
· Business fluent in English (German preferred)
· Experience in electrical / mechanical design
· Experience with Schematic software (E.g E3 or ruplan)
· Experience with PLM system and ECN system (E.g Smartteam)
· Experience in Technical Writing (Office suite)
Stadler US is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Stadler US is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local laws.