Bridge Structure Superintendent
- Posted: over a month ago
Superintendent is responsible for field operations, including supervision of bridge construction work - directing activities of workers, construction inspection and field coordination activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise construction efforts to ensure projects are constructed according to specifications, within budget, on schedule, with the appropriate people and equipment while ensuring the safety of workforce
- Plan, coordinate, and supervise on-site functions and provide input with scheduling, engineering, and material control in order to make sure project objectives are met
- Strong focus on development of craft workforce and the ability to attract and retain quality, skilled craft employees
- Provide direction to Foremen and other Superintendents to ensure productivity, efficient use of materials and equipment, and contractual performance of the projects are met
- Interface with all on-site work teams (including subcontractors) as required, to resolve problems, ensure quality and safety
- Assist project management in developing and implementing project procedures, working documents, and standards to ensure project goals are achieved
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
Education & Experience: 5to 10 years of structures experience. Carpenter background preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good organization and communication skills
- Ability to coordinate with field superintendents and craft personnel
- Work with a diverse group of individuals and organizations representing public agencies, private utilities, subcontractors and suppliers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- 100% Employee Owned
- Generous Company Contribution to ESOP & 401k
- Annual Raises & Bonuses
- Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
- Company provided Life Insurance
- Volunteer Time Off
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
d in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Stacy and Witbeck, Inc.
AddressLake Oswego, OR
ConstructionView all jobs at Stacy and Witbeck, Inc.