Customer Service Representative – Automotive/Industrial/Aftermarket
Stabilus is a global leader in the production of gas springs and dampers on five continents. Our products can be used in a wide variety of industries, such as the automotive and office chair manufacturing industries, furniture technology, solar industry, medical technology, and many other industrial applications. This position will be located in our U.S. Headquarters in Gastonia, NC.
Automotive/Industrial/Aftermarket Customer Service Representative is responsible for daily interaction with assigned customer accounts. The Customer Service Representative (CSR) must serve as liaison between Stabilus and the customer, representing the company goals and initiatives and reporting customer feedback to Stabilus team members.
Essential Job Functions:
· Excellent and timely communication relating to customer (internal and external) inquiries and requests.
· Account maintenance
o Customer master and all relevant SD documents
o Customer material info records
· Timely collaboration with Account Managers and Application Engineers (AE) for problem resolution/priorities.
· Project management
o New customer program awareness/execution of customer procedures
o Collaboration with account manager(s) and engineering on TLN phase-in/phase-out
o NPI/TCN progress
o PPAP/ISIR progress relative to customer requirements
o Respond to customer concerns (8D, PRR, DTR, etc) as they relate to customer service function(s).
o Manage inventory levels at outside warehouse(s), if applicable
· Manage customer requirements
o Order accuracy and confirmation
o Price verification
o Shipments/expedite(s) as required
o Maintain required checks on customer collaborative web link(s) and respond accordingly
· Manage customer accounts relative to
o Monitor customer demand and collaborate with planning in appropriate CoO to insure on-time delivery
o Independent requirements (LSF/VSF), as agreed to by Stabilus management, to insure on-time delivery to designated accounts
o Resolve/collaborate on customer credit/debit requests
o RGA requests
o Applicable obsolescence claims
o Maintain delivery performance report(s), as applicable
Education, Training, Certifications and Experience:
· Minimum of five years applicable customer service experience in a manufacturing environment required.
· Minimum of two years EDI experience
· SAP SD module required; knowledge of SAP MM/PP modules preferred.
Job Knowledge and Skills:
· Excellent communication and organization skills required
· Responsible for continuous improvement within job function
· Strong problem solving skills required
· Accuracy in detail work
· Must be able to work with minimum supervision and effectively prioritize tasks relative to importance
· Must be capable of working under stressful time constraints
· Must observe existing organizational procedures and work instructions
· Abide by all company rules relative to safety, confidentiality and organizational directives
· Software skills: SAP, Microsoft Excel, Word and Access database.