Join the St. Vincent de Paul team, where what you do is much more than just a job—it’s a cause. Our staff members are true partners in our mission to help those impacted by poverty achieve their full potential. Their job satisfaction comes from knowing that their work each day has a positive impact on people’s lives. If you are the type of person who is excited and motivated by the idea of doing good for others, and our community, come join us! We are looking for high-energy staff members willing to share a commitment for our cause in a workplace filled with other caring people. We offer you a competitive salary, generous benefits, a culture where learning and growth is encouraged, a workplace where employees are highly valued and, most of all, an opportunity to be passionate about what you do every day.
Responsible for data systems management, including data entry, accreditation and credentialing, and special education initiatives and immersions, hiring and field trips. Also responsible for the overall planning, implementation, and assessment of the Head Start Education Component to include training, and supervision of teaching staff the Arlington ECDC site.
- Implements Head Start’s major educational program goals and ensures the accomplishment of educational outcomes and kindergarten readiness for all students.
- Serves as a liaison between Curriculum Specialists and the Director of Education, consulting with the Director of Education on issues such as program needs and revisions, and works collaboratively with the Director of Education in the development of the annual training plan for education staff.
- Supports the Director of Education with execution of the Annual Training Plan by booking trainers and tracking staff training hours.
Developmental Screenings and Follow-Up
- Collects, reviews and enters developmental and behavioral screening results onto COPA
- Performs basic level analysis and informs Curriculum Specialist and Director of Education of trends, issues or concerns with screening data
- Assists Curriculum Specialists with the planning and coordination of activities to support child development in identified areas of need and the integration of these activities into lesson plans, home learning activities and special events.
- With the support of the Director of Education, ensures developmental screenings and data entry are completed according to federal and program timelines.
Quality Rating Systems
- Coordinates, monitors and oversees all agency efforts around credentialing; including all site MSDE Accreditation, and full staff OCC Credentialing, and MD EXCELS enrollment and Leveling for all SVDP Head Start sites.
- Ensures on-going programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation and consistent quality of systems and communications to achieve strategic goals.
- Work w staff and managers to gather necessary documentation and make updates files and submissions for EXCELS and Accreditation
- Advise Director of Education and Sr. Director of recommended updates to key policies and procedures as they are related to EXCELS and accreditation requirements and submissions.
Site Director of the Arlington ECDC
- Implements Head Start’s major educational program goals and ensures the accomplishment of educational outcomes and kindergarten readiness for all students in 2 (two) Head Start ECDC classrooms.
- Responsible for the overall supervision of classroom teachers and assistants including hiring, training, evaluation, discipline, and termination in accordance with SVDP HR policies at the Arlington ECDC.
- Also responsible for the service training and orientation of volunteers and parents on education services and working with students in the classroom, or in the center.
- Assists ECDC teaching staff with the planning and implementation of effective lesson plans, monthly Class Committee meetings, and home visits, including the development of the children’s home learning activities.
- Conducts regular classroom observations, completes feedback form, and discusses strengths and weaknesses, and recommendations for improvement with teaching staff.
- Reviews educational records prepared by ECDC teaching staff and ELA data on a monthly basis to assess children’s progress and ensure that data is entered on time and with accuracy.
- Serves as a direct liaison between teaching staff and the Director of Education, consulting with the Director of Education on issues such as program needs and revisions and works collaboratively with the Director of Education in the development of the annual professional development plan for education staff.
- Prepares and submits all required reports and ensures that reporting deadlines are met.
- Assists Director of Education with booking and planning of all field trips.
- Coordinates all hiring efforts for teaching staff for the head start, including reviewing and vetting candidates, books interviews and conducts hiring w interviews, involving managers as necessary or required, collects and submits all required documentation to/for SVDP HR Dept
- Assembles educational information for newsletter.
- Serves as host/hostess to visitors for partnering organizations, as necessary.
- Coordinates student “special needs” referrals, or classroom interventions, consulting with referral agencies and mental health or speech languages Specialists as needed.
- Maintains inventory of educational supplies and equipment and orders related supplies as needed
- In conjunction with the classroom teacher, participates in both regularly scheduled parent-teacher conferences, as well as circumstantial conferences as deemed necessary, to discuss children’s needs
- Coordinates arrangements for field trips with teaching staff
- Calls substitutes/volunteers to cover classrooms as needed
- Assists the Sr. Director in representing the mission and interest of Head Start as a program of St. Vincent de Paul of Baltimore to external groups, organizations, and service providers.
- Assists with and attends special events held by the Center and St. Vincent de Paul as necessary.
- Upholds the vision, mission and values of St. Vincent de Paul
- Creates an atmosphere of care and respect for staff, volunteers and clients.
- Supports a welcoming and positive environment for volunteers and works with them effectively.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Child in Early Childhood Education with a minimum of 3-5 years' experience as a preschool classroom teacher, ECE certification preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory and program coordination experience.
- Experience with successful MSDE Accreditation bids.
- Familiarity with MD EXCELS and OCC Credentialing.
- Strong knowledge of ECE teaching techniques and ability to present and demonstrate them to teaching staff and parents.
- Strong problem solving, communication (oral and written), relationship building, and organizational skills.
- Ability and willingness to continue personal development and training.
- Knowledge of and respect for confidentiality.
- Ability to relate in a courteous, comfortable, non-judgmental manner with persons from all ethnic, socioeconomic, and religious backgrounds.
- Access to a personal vehicle for work related travel.
- Strong knowledge of ECE teaching techniques and ability to present and demonstrate them to teaching staff
- Desire and ability to work as a team player.
Keywords: director of education, assistant director of education, education director, assistant director education, education assistant director. teacher supervisor, teacher manager, teacher lead
St. Vincent de Paul of Baltimore
Why Work Here?Every day, thousands of people in our community are struggling with hunger, homelessness, and unemployment, and far too many of our children grow up in poverty. At St. Vincent de Paul, we believe that everyone has tremendous untapped potential, and should have every opportunity to be their best self. We offer support and stability through meals, shelter, and access to critical services. Most importantly, we affirm the dignity of each individual by serving them with respect, compassion, and the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to succeed.
Working with us is more than just a job, it's a cause!