Accounting Associate - GROWING TEAM!
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Join the St. Vincent de Paul team, where what you do is much more than just a job—it’s a cause. Our staff members are true partners in our mission to help those impacted by poverty achieve their full potential. Their job satisfaction comes from knowing that their work each day has a positive impact on people’s lives. If you are the type of person who is excited and motivated by the idea of doing good for others, and our community, come join us! We are looking for high-energy staff members willing to share a commitment for our cause in a workplace filled with other caring people. We offer you a competitive salary, generous benefits, a culture where learning and growth is encouraged, a workplace where employees are highly valued and, most of all, an opportunity to be passionate about what you do every day. We are growing and looking for a passionate person to join our team!
Responsible for the timely and accurate processing of accounting work to include preparing all monthly Journal Entries, corrections and reclassifications; distribution of Monthly Finance Reports to Program Managers; and distributing and processing staff credit card summaries and reports. Responsible for calling in vendor payments by corporate credit card and for processing cash receipts. Prepares the annual MPPTR report.
General Ledger Maintenance and Reporting
- Responsible for preparing all General Ledger Journal Entries including In-Kind, Indirect, Fringe, Depreciation and Foundation.
- Prepares JEs for monthly bank and development fees, and ACH transactions including 403b, 401k, 457, Connect your Care, Head Start transfers, foundation transfers, etc.
- Prepare JEs for account corrections and reclassifications as needed.
- Calculate monthly COGS for SVDP Enterprises LLC.
- Call vendors for payments made by the Corporate Credit Card,
- Distribute monthly Credit Card Statements to staff card holders.
- Monitor and process Credit Card Summary Reports to relieve Prepayment account. Alert CFO of continuing non-compliance of the credit card policy.
- Process all cash receipts through Remote Check Deposit and prepare cash deposits as needed. Take deposits to the bank when requested.
- Processes daily all accounts payable work including vendor invoices and payment requests for data entry into the accounts payable sub-ledger of the automated accounting system.
- Following up with Program Directors, as necessary, to verify the proper general ledger account code and grant code for each invoice.
- Maintaining distribution tables for allocated vendor payments.
- Generating payments twice a month – on or about the 15th and 30th.
- Issue client assistance payments on an as needed basis separate from the normal payable payment process.
Analysis and Reporting
- Research, develop and prepare financial information and budgets proposals, partnering with Accounting/Finance staff.
- Prepare Account Analysis and troubleshoot account balances as needed.
- Maintain records for the Bin Leasing program including monitoring revenues received.
- Prepare and send monthly Rep Payee reports to case managers.
- Work with Program Directors to prepare meal count documentation as backup for submitting online invoices in MARS System for CACFP reimbursements.
- Email all monthly finance reports with GL detail to program managers.
- Prepare the annual MPPTR reports for all entities.
- Scan and maintain all Journal Entries on a monthly basis.
- Scan and maintain all leases related to PSH
- Maintain a neat and organized work area including access to essential information.
- Attend all staff meetings and other meetings as directed.
- Assist with and attend special events held by St. Vincent de Paul, as necessary, including Empty Bowls, or other similar events.
- Support a welcoming and positive environment for staff and volunteers, working with them effectively.
- Uphold the vision, mission and values of St. Vincent de Paul.
- Create an atmosphere of care and respect for clients, staff, funders and other partners.
- Perform other duties as assigned, within the scope of the position.
- BA degree in accounting/finance or 2-3 years accounting related experience.
- Working knowledge of basic accounting functions preferably in the nonprofit sector. Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, and the ability to work with finance databases and software.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills in order to effectively communicate with vendors, volunteers, and staff to provide clear instruction on expected deliverables and outcomes.
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills to be able to efficiently prioritize work and meet identified deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure, keep all work current and accurate, and respond to identified department deadlines with a sense of urgency.
- Experience in a professional office environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Consistently demonstrate a team player attitude.
Entry Level Accountant, Accounts Payable Clerk, Staff Accountant, Accountant, AP Clerk, AP Specialist, AR Specialist, Accounts Receivable Clerk, Accounts Receivable Specialist
St. Vincent de Paul of BaltimoreWhy Work Here?
Working with us is more than just a job, it's a cause!
Every day, thousands of people in our community are struggling with hunger, homelessness, and unemployment, and far too many of our children grow up in poverty. At St. Vincent de Paul, we believe that everyone has tremendous untapped potential, and should have every opportunity to be their best self. We offer support and stability through meals, shelter, and access to critical services. Most importantly, we affirm the dignity of each individual by serving them with respect, compassion, and the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to succeed.
Finance and Insurance