School Bus Driver
School Bus Driver
St. Stephen's and St. Agnes School has an opening for a school bus driver. The school bus driver drives a minibus, or large bus to transport students to and from school and school activity events by performing the following duties..
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives vehicle over predetermined route according to assigned schedule and makes NO CHANGES without authorization.
- Wears the driver's safety belt at all times recommends that the students wear theirs as well.
- Follows all traffic laws at all times. Maintains speed at or below posted speed limits based on road conditions. Uses headlights any time vehicle is in motion.
- Assists disabled passengers into and out of vehicle.
- Stops in the right hand lane of the highway for receiving or discharging students at designated stops. Stops only at points where the bus can be seen from a safe distance from both directions.
- Exercises every possible care for the safety and comfort of the students in route.
- Maintains discipline at all times on the bus. Does not permit any student to have head, hands or arms out of the windows. Reports any and all cases of disobedience to the Director of Transportation.
- Completes and records daily pre-trip inspection of the bus and report any needed repairs to the Director of Transportation.
- Operates cellular phone to communicate with the Transportation office or other vehicles (when not driving) to report delays or accidents.
- Cleans and services vehicle with fuel, lubricants, and accessories such as headlights, taillights, signal lights.
- Monitors and maintains flares, first aid kits and fire extinguishers in all vehicles.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The employee must have a clean driving record. They must have a current Commercial Driver's License to drive the buses.
Overview of St. Stephen's and St. Agnes School
Located six miles from Washington, D.C., St. Stephen's and St. Agnes School, age 3 - 12th grade Episcopal School, educates the whole child by tending to the academic, social, physical, and spiritual needs of each of our students. Named as the #1 best workplace in Washington, D.C. by the Washington Post, St. Stephen's and St. Agnes is a positive and collegial community with a commitment to our mission to pursue goodness as well as knowledge and to honor the unique value of each of our members as a child of God in a caring community. SSSAS combines a rigorous academic program with outstanding opportunities in the arts, athletics and service learning for our students. SSSAS has a deep commitment to creating an inclusive community which values diversity and multiculturalism, and we seek candidates who have this same commitment. The diverse student body is 28% students of color, and 22% of our students receive financial aid to create a socioeconomically diverse community.
Interested applicants should apply online through our website, https://www.sssas.org/about-us/employment
For more information about St. Stephen's and St. Agnes School, we invite you to visit our website at www.sssas.org
St. Stephen's and St. Agnes SchoolAlexandria, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.