Middle School Medical Professional
- Expired: April 12, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Overview of St. Stephen's and St. Agnes School
Located six miles from Washington, D.C., St. Stephen's and St. Agnes School, an age 3 to Grade 12 Episcopal school, educates the whole child by tending to the academic, social, physical, and spiritual needs of each of our students. St. Stephen's and St. Agnes is a positive and collegial community with a commitment to our mission to pursue goodness as well as knowledge and to honor the unique value of each of our members as a child of God in a caring community. SSSAS combines a rigorous academic program with outstanding opportunities in the arts, athletics, global studies, and service learning for our students. SSSAS has a deep commitment to creating an inclusive community which values diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we seek candidates who have this same commitment. The diverse student body is 28% students of color, and 22% of our students receive financial aid to create a socioeconomically diverse community.
Our culture promotes lifelong learning, and our faculty have a wealth of opportunities available to them to continue expanding their knowledge of both their disciplines and the field of education. Summer study grants, a day-long multicultural workshop for new faculty and administrators, support for graduate studies, and conferences (including the People of Color Conference and the National Diversity Institute Practitioners Conference, and the National Association of Independent School Annual Conference) and workshops are just a few of the ways in which we support and encourage our teachers to continue to grow and learn.
The middle school medical professional position is a full-time position, reporting during the academic year and also a few weeks during the summer months. The individual in this role partners with the Director of Health Services and the medical team who together, are responsible for the school health centers and providing direct health care to students.
- Ensure the safety of students and employees by promoting effective health practices.
- Be available to respond to all campuses for additional coverage in health offices/athletic events.
- Receive students in the health center for care and document health office visits.
- Be available for emergency response of medical needs
- Manage students with a diagnosed concussion and coordinate with the Associate Director of the Middle School for management and care of concussions during the school day.
- Assist and conduct various medical training sessions for staff/faculty
- Be involved in various discussions and committees regarding health and well-being discussions/planning
- Communicate with parents and employees about sick or injured students.
- Assess and provide appropriate care to ill and injured students, faculty, staff, or other visitors on campus. Assist individuals with specialized health care needs.
- Provide ongoing health information to students, parents, and school personnel.
- Utilize existing health resources to provide appropriate care for students.
- Promote and assist in the control of communicable diseases through immunization review, early detection, surveillance, and reporting of contagious diseases. Monitor for allergies and infectious diseases during the school day.
- Maintain medications and first aid kits in the health office and classrooms.
- Administer medications at appropriate times.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of electronic medical-related records, logs, and files using Magnus Health System.
- Provide health/injury assessments.
- Review health and developmental history, as required by the state of Virginia health policy.
- Identify health findings, which do not fall within the normal range and refer to a necessary medical provider.
- Concussion Evaluation and follow up procedures for head injuries
- In coordination with the Director of Health Services, collaborate as a health matter expert when developing/revising school health policies (i.e. food allergies). Serve as a resource person to school personnel.
- Plan and organize work to meet schedules and timelines.
- Perform any other administration duties as assigned by the Director of the Middle School and/or the Associate Director of the Middle School.
- Communicate with Associate Middle School Dean regarding tardies/absences
- Communicate with families regarding absences related to illness
- Manage Distance Learning list, if applicable
- Middle School Morning Report: Update daily
- Other duties as assigned by members of the Middle School Administrative team.
- Must be a BOC Certified Athletic Trainer
- Graduate from an accredited Athletic Training Education Program
- At least 3 years of clinical experience
- Licensed in the State of VA as a certified athletic trainer
- Maintain certification in First Aid, CPR/AED.
- Certified instructor (or willing to be certified) for the American Red Cross
- Certified/willing to be certified in Medication Administration Training (MAT) and Diabetic Medication Administration Training (DMAT)
- Ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Ability to function effectively during high stress and emergency.
- Adept at completing work with many interruptions.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to operate a computer and medical equipment as required.
- Willing to take on other administrative roles as assigned by the Director of Middle School.
- Knowledge of:
- Student health services related to injuries and illnesses.
- School policies, procedures, and practices related to health issues, medical terminology, and related activities.
- Hygiene and health needs of school-aged children
- Public health agencies and local health care resources
- Health and safety regulations.
- School policies and State regulations concerning the immunization of school-aged children preferred
For more information about our school, we invite you to visit our website at www.sssas.org
St. Stephen's and St. Agnes School
EducationView all jobs at St. Stephen's and St. Agnes School