Assistant Athletic Director for Digital Media and Operations
St. Stephen's and St. Agnes School is excited to be searching for our next Assistant Athletic Director for Digital Media and Operations. This position begins summer 2023.
Located six miles from Washington, D.C., St. Stephen's and St. Agnes School, an ES-12 Episcopal School, educates the whole child by tending to the academic, social, physical, and spiritual needs of each of our students. St. Stephen's and St. Agnes is a positive and collegial community with a commitment to our mission to pursue goodness as well as knowledge and to honor the unique value of each of our members as a child of God in a caring community. SSSAS combines a rigorous academic program with outstanding opportunities in the arts, athletics, and service learning for our students. SSSAS has a deep commitment to creating an inclusive community which values diversity and multiculturalism, and we seek candidates who have this same commitment.
The Assistant Athletic Director for Digital Media and Operations is a 10-month full time position. Hours roughly 8-4, plus coaching and administrative coverage as needed.
Responsible for social media and website management, as well as game day operations (facilities, equipment, etc). within the athletic department.
The Assistant Athletic Director works closely with the Director of Athletics, Upper School School Athletic Director, and Associate Athletic Directors in promoting and coordinating operations for the athletic program.
The Assistant Athletic Director reports to the Director of Athletics.
- Social media development and promotion - Creates customized graphics and manages all Saints athletic social media accounts.
- Website management - Serves as the primary website manager for posting schedules, game results, rosters, highlights and other website content.
- Facilities - Works in partnership with the Associate Athletic Director in ensuring that the playing fields, tennis courts, track area and inside athletic areas are maintained and prepared for all contests.
- Equipment ordering and distribution - Assists with the ordering, distribution and inventory of all athletic equipment. Helps to manage team laundry, storage space, as well as student athletic billing. Work closely with the Associate Athletic Director to ensure all Athletic equipment is safe and determine when it needs reconditioning.
- Coaching - Expected at either the Upper School or Middle School level.
- Athletic Marketing - Produces and distributes game days programs, customized rosters, and other athletic marketing materials.
- Athletic Awards - Organizes and/or attends all athletic assemblies and award ceremonies.
- School Engagement & Meetings - Engages in all aspects of school life at SSSAS, including attending DEIB meetings, divisional meetings, all school activities etc. Serves on additional school committees as needed by the school.
- Communication - Open communication with the administration, Athletic Department, coaches, Physical Education teachers, students and parents regarding the operation of the Athletic Department.
- Game Day Administrator/Time Commitment - Is committed to working additional time (evenings, weekends, vacations) as necessary to insure a quality program. Attends all contests as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Professional Development - Attends workshops, clinics and conferences.
1. Depth of knowledge in social media, marketing, graphic design.
- Experience in social media management - Multiple platforms including Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (most importantly; Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Illustrator, InDesign, and After Effects)
- Knowledge and proven results of crafting and implementing innovative social media growth strategies
- Implementation of marketing material and advertisements for Athletics' digital platforms and other methods of distribution through graphic design and video production work
- Design and execution of creative content, consistent with brand strategy
- Understanding of Daktronics scoreboards a plus
- Experience with Blackbaud or another content management system preferred
- Working knowledge of Apple Products
2. Experience as a coach, teacher, and/or administrative assistant
3. Knowledge of overall operation of an Athletic program.
4. Demonstrated ability to think and work independently, multitask, and prioritize efficiently and effectively, and respond to various requests simultaneously.
5. Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with the Director of Athletics in providing a worthwhile learning experience for both boys and girls.
St. Stephen's and St. Agnes SchoolAlexandria, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.