An experienced Veterinary Technician wanted for cutting-edge, well-established practice in St Matthews. Interested candidates should be flexible, have positive mindset, and enjoy working as part of a team.
Full-time and part-time opportunities available!
Benefits offered to eligible employees include flexible scheduling, paid time off, paid holidays, retirement plan options, comprehensive health, vision and dental plans.
If you are a seasoned technician & would like to work for a practice that is progressive, well established and offers multiple competitive benefits, then we are the choice for you! Bring your expertise and love of animals to the clinic with the big heart in the heart of St. Matthews!
The duties of a Veterinary Technician include assisting Veterinarians and staff with appointments, treatments, surgeries, hospital cases, prescription refills, client phone calls, and emergencies. Desired skills include patient restraint, blood and urine collection, x-ray positioning, surgery assistance, client education, knowledge of common medications, computer skills.
The ideal candidate for this position will meet the following qualifications:
- Availability for afternoon, evening, and weekend hours.
- At least 6 monthsof prior Veterinary Technician experience.
- RVT/CVT licensing preferred but not required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stay calm and efficient during a medical crisis.
- Experience in the teamwork approach and work well with all levels of hospital team members.
- Excellent client communication skills.
*As part of the pre-employment screening process, candidates with a job offer will be asked to comply with pre-employment drug testing before beginning employment.