Director of Religious Education (DRE)
St. Mary’s Church and School of Piscataway is seeking a full-time Director of Religious Education (DRE). Must be a practicing Catholic, seeking continuing formation, who is living a moral life in concert with Church teaching. Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Theology and significant related field work. Master’s Degree and formal academic study in catechetics preferred. Strong communication and people skills a must. Should exemplify a strong relationship with Jesus Christ, and be enthusiastic about serving a 650-household Catholic Parish with a 150-student School on the northernmost “edge” of historic southern Maryland. Requires a visionary catechetical leader with administrative competence, organizational ability, and good computer skills. The DRE will continuously assess the needs and priorities of the parish in collaboration with the Pastor, School Principal and Church and School administration, faculty, staff and volunteers. 40hrs/wk. Monday-Friday. Events on several Saturdays. Parish School of Religion (PSR) on Sundays. Salary negotiable.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
· (Assist Pastor in) Sacramental Prep for Matrimony, Infant Baptism
· (Run) Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA) and Children (RCIC)
· Sacramental Prep for Middle School Confirmation.
· Sacramental Prep for 2nd-grade First Penance and First Holy Communion
· Adult Faith Formation: see to catechist certification ( both PSR and day-School teachers), catechetical offerings to include small-groups( in cooperation with Spirituality and Evangelization Committee) and annual Parish Lenten Mission.
· Create and foster opportunities for integral Youth/Young Adult Faith Formation
· Head of day-School Religion Department: Catholic Identity Czar(ina), select instructional books and media materials, teach as desired, occasional faculty “in-service” faith formation.. Direct annual Faith Fair.
· Parish School of Religion: (PSR) K-8 with active parent component.
· Implement summer programs (structure, targets TBD)
· Assist Pastor in training liturgical ministers (Lectors, EMHC’s, Altar Servers)
· Assist as needed at major liturgies and events
· Manage Religious Education resources (inventory, maintain, supplement 2000+books, DVDs, CD’s pamphlet racks and bookcases spread throughout the parish buildings. Assist School Principal et al in stocking New Media Center with good Catholic material.)
· Occasional special projects
· Other duties as necessary
Inquire or send Resume to:
Rev. Timothy K. Baer, Pastor
St. Mary’s of Piscataway
13401 Piscataway Rd.
Clinton MD 20736
(301) 292-0527 x101