St. Mary's University San Antonio, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Program Coordinator is a hands-on training and office management role, focused on meeting the academic needs of a diverse student body. The Program Coordinator will provide scheduling, training, supervision, mentoring, and evaluation of tutors employed by the center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains and collects all data as required. Performs data analysis and creates reports. Creates and administers surveys to conduct outreach to student, faculty and staff.
- Coordinates and conducts assessment of all student staff, locations, and services; oversees tutor timesheets and ensures proper onboarding for payment
- Manages and maintains online tutoring session scheduling, appointment and reporting software (RattlerNavigate); Maintains computer software and provides technical training for students, tutors, faculty and staff.
- Works in concert with leadership to coordinate the recruitment, training, supervision, and evaluation of student Peer Tutors and Peer coaches in all tutored subjects offered
- Works with students and student staff both individually and in small groups, adapt to diverse learning needs, and be sensitive to the needs of a diverse student population including minority and international students, at-risk and under-prepared students, and students with accessibility needs.
- Supervises outreach to students, staff, and faculty by identifying at risk students and at-risk courses through reporting; Provides appropriate referrals to tutoring programs and other college resources as necessary to help students achieve their academic goals.
- Provides comprehensive administrative support in daily activities. Maintains email distribution lists and shared calendars; manages/tracks invoice payments, purchasing of office supplies, budget and expense reimbursements; manages office communications phone calls, email, mail and maintains general office supply inventory, textbook procurement, and submits facilities service requests.
- Creates, composes and edits documents, presentations and reports. Assembles and disseminates information as requested for internal and external individuals or organizations. Attends and presents at new student orientations, open houses, and recruitment events as needed. Maintains filing records as per department policy and operational functions for tutor and peer coaching files, events, and/or programs.
- Assembles and prepares publicity, media and materials for meetings, retreats, training, workshops, seminars, conferences, and special events in coordination with communication department. Coordinates the production and distribution of marketing materials and social media releases and maintains applicable webpages.
- Assists department leadership in assessing, planning, organizing, and supervising academic assistance activities for individuals and groups.
- Serve on campus committees as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree required; Bachelor's degree in Math, English, Psychology or related discipline preferred
- 3 to 5 Years of demonstrated administrative support experience. Preferred experience in Higher Education environment.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience highly preferred
- Must clear and maintain a favorable background investigation and clearance
- Must be or be willing to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by date of hire to be considered for employment, unless an accommodation is requested and approved
- Must have the ability to demonstrate advanced skills and proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint). Uses various software applications, such as spreadsheets and various databases to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong public relations and customer service skills with an ability to implement diplomacy and discretion at all times; an ability to work effectively with communities across the university.
- Must have a high ethical standards and a strong sense of confidentiality; ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines; thrive in a complex work environment; displays solid problem solving and interpersonal skills; works well independently and as part of a team.
- Must have strong self-judgment abilities to assist in the preparation of department personnel policy information. Use discretion to complete work assignments. Initiative is frequently required to complete work assignments. Decisions are made regarding policy interpretation and individual work priorities
- Must have the ability to demonstrate a capacity for leadership, and the commitment to work collaboratively with a diverse and dynamic community.
- Must have a high attention to detail and be able to organize workflow, coordinate activities, balance simultaneous projects without loss of efficiency in a multi-tasked environment, and manage multiple priorities to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work more than 40 hours during the workweek to accommodate University events and projects.
- Skills in short- and long-term planning, and the ability to manage growth and change in a program.
- Working conditions are in an office environment and university campus setting. Must be able to move across the university campus to conduct day to day business.
- While performing this role, the employee will be regularly required to sit, walk, and stand; talk and hear, both in person and by telephone; and use hands repetitively to operate standard office equipment; and occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently communicates with others using approved technological resources; must be able to exchange accurate information through designated systems within a timely manner.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
St. Mary's University is a Hispanic-Serving Institution and an Equal Opportunity Employer. The University is committed to furthering diversity, equity, and inclusion and encourages all qualified candidates apply.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
St. Mary's University
AddressSan Antonio, TX
BusinessView all jobs at St. Mary's University