Residential Support Staff - overnights 10:30pm to 8:30am Mon - Thurs.
St. Mary's School for the Deaf Buffalo, NY
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: Preference will be given to candidates who possess the following:
(1) High School diploma (required), College graduate (preferred),
(2) Ability to communicate with deaf persons using American Sign Language (ASL) and finger spelling. The ability to successfully complete a Sign Language Proficiency Interview (SLPI) at the proficiency level defined for each job position as determined by SMSD. (3) Commitment to the TCI approach in addressing student behavior.
(4) Commitment to provide a safe and healthy residential school environment
NOTE: The School may also require employees in this classification to complete successful training in behavior management programs including but not limited to TCI (Therapeutic Crisis Intervention), which will be provided by St. Mary’s School for the Deaf.
Responsible for the supervision of students while they are asleep, ensuring their safety at all times.
Mandatory dorm room check scans must be made throughout the night
Assist in escorting students to and from routine and or special activities including meals, field trips, sporting activities, and other recreational activities.
Assist in behavior management (as prescribed for each student) and discussion problems or changes with Residential Supervisors;
Assist students with personal hygiene, and may assist multiply handicapped students with toileting, bathing, and other physical day-to-day activities;
Responsible for early morning activities by supervising students in the preparation for school, breakfast, and other personal or health needs;
Intercedes in emergency situations as required;
Desire to work towards and secure a CDL license; a valid state driver’s license, preferred;
Attends meetings as mandatory and required.
Attends necessary training as required;
Must remain alert and attentive at all times;
Performs other duties as requested or assigned by Supervisor or Administration
To Accomplish This Mission
• We inspire ALL to achieve personal goals and strive for excellence.
• We offer a rigorous and relevant curriculum that addresses the diverse learning styles of all our students.
• We instruct our students in basic and critical thinking skills.
• We promise to collaborate as a community and with the community at large.
• We expect all members of the SMSD community to act with integrity.
St. Mary's School for the DeafWhy Work Here?
School with a strong passion and history of child first, professionalism and excellent work on behalf of the students. NYS Retirement
St. Mary's School for the Deaf is committed to providing equitable access to exemplary educational programs that prepare deaf students to be self-directed, lifelong learners, who are productive members of society. To Accomplish This Mission • We inspire ALL to achieve personal goals and strive for excellence. • We offer a rigorous and relevant curriculum that addresses the diverse learning styles of all our students. • We instruct our students in basic and critical thinking skills. • We promise to collaborate as a community and with the community at large. • We expect all members of the SMSD community to act with integrity.
2253 Main StreetBuffalo, NY
Personal CareView all jobs at St. Mary's School for the Deaf