The Pediatric Care Manager is a registered nurse who specializes in helping patients with their health care services and needs from the time of admission to discharge. They act as liaisons between patients, their families, and medical staff to ensure efficient use and prompt receipt of healthcare services. Achieves exceptional patient standards; works to support and achieve the established department goals; and supports and works to achieve core competency and clinical care standards set by SSM Corporate, SSM Network, and SSM Facilities.
- Ensures exceptional patient satisfaction by assessing for and coordinating post-discharge needs with appropriate home health agencies, and educating families of plans and expected outcomes.
- Contributes to exceptional physician satisfaction by actively participating in daily rounds to collaborate on anticipated discharge needs of pediatric patients.
- Exercises exceptional financial performance by ensuring timely coordination of discharge and daily evaluation of discharge readiness, with follow up care planned and arranged across the continuum of care.
- Demonstrates exceptional employee satisfaction by responding to requests for assistance with discharge planning as soon as possible and communicating progress regularly both verbally and in the medical record.
- Promotes exceptional clinical/service outcomes by evaluating patients and families on designated units/services within the first 48 hours of admission for anticipated discharge planning needs.
- Associate Degree or Diploma School Program
- State of Missouri Nursing License
- 1-3 years' experience
- BSN and UR, QA or CM certification
Employees in this position are, or can be, required to possess the following physical capabilities:
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 6 hours a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 6 hours a day
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper operation
Primary Location: Missouri-St. Louis-SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital
Work Locations: SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital (0010) 1465 S. Grand Blvd. St. Louis, 63104
Req ID: 19508939