The PBS Instructional Designer will:
- Work as part of the Education team in Revenue Cycle Performance Improvement department to design and develop online educational products.
- Partner with Educators and other stakeholders to develop online course offerings.
- Apply adult learning theory and associated principles to develop educational products that are impactful and engaging.
- Utilize knowledge and research of Educators, and work with other stakeholders to design effective online courses
- Provide feedback on eLearning modules: ensure that learning objectives, assessments, and course content are in proper alignment
- Use PowerPoint to draft screen layouts, graphics, and interactions appropriate to the content
- Design and create activities and meaningful course interactions to increase learning and retention in live and asynchronous learning activities
- Develop online courses using Adobe Captivate, including building or incorporating advanced actions, variables, interactivity, narration, videos, and other advanced features
- Proof course at multiple stages of development to ensure a high-quality product at all times
- Test and troubleshoot course functionality and optimize user experience in our LMS (learning management system) environment
- Complete project tasks and track deliverable status using both SharePoint and Asana online project management software
- Stay up-to-date on learning tools, trends, and ideas to incorporate appropriately into project deliverables
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 years of experience in instructional design, curriculum and instruction, education technology, or related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of adult learning theory and principles when creating web-based training and instructor-led training
- Proficiency with most current version of Adobe Captivate and Articulate Storyline
- Ability to manage multiple development projects at any given time
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience using SharePoint
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills in working with team members, SMEs, and other customers
- Excellent written and verbal skills for the purpose of curriculum development, editing, and communication.
- Self-motivated and self-managed; ability to work independently and as part of a team with minimal coaching, or supervision.
- Ability to organize and work under strict time and production deadlines, while producing quality deliverables.
SSM Health is one of the largest Catholic health systems in the country and is dedicated to quality and compassionate care for anyone in need, regardless of ability to pay. Based in St. Louis, where its System Office is located, SSM Health operates 20 hospitals in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma. We provide care in various settings: outpatient sites, physician offices, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance plan, hospitals, nursing homes, home care, hospice, telehealth and a technology company.
Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more. _ _
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.
Organization: SSM Health - System Office
Primary Location: Missouri-St. Louis-SSM Health Medical Group - 10176 Corporate Lake
Work Locations: SSM Health Medical Group - 10176 Corporate Lake (0125.17) 10176 Corporate Lake St. Louis, 63132
Job: Professional Services
Req ID: 19504359